Sound Blaster Audigy 24 bit EAX

I just have never got this to work right, I have Creative Inspire 5.1 5200
speakers with the SoundBlaster 24 bit EAX. The only speakers that I can get
to work is the center speaker and the subwoofer. I have had my pc for 2.5
years. Every other month I try again. I dont know how to do all this stuff.
And a lot of this is greek to me. HELP and I do mean step by step. Each
speaker will work if i plug into the center. Seems like I have seen a lot of
posts that have problems with SB audigy
2 answers Last reply
More about sound blaster audigy

    Your best bet is to ask the tech support folks at the Creative web site
    www.creative.com

    "Ginger" <Ginger @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just have never got this to work right, I have Creative Inspire 5.1 5200
    > speakers with the SoundBlaster 24 bit EAX. The only speakers that I can
    > get
    > to work is the center speaker and the subwoofer. I have had my pc for 2.5
    > years. Every other month I try again. I dont know how to do all this
    > stuff.
    > And a lot of this is greek to me. HELP and I do mean step by step. Each
    > speaker will work if i plug into the center. Seems like I have seen a lot
    > of
    > posts that have problems with SB audigy

    Yo Ginger,

    This is for WINXP but the other windows os is not much different.

    The only thing I can think of is that the speakers are not set up correctly
    in control panel.
    Open control panel, and click on the sound and audio devices icon. When this
    has opened,
    on the first page at the bottom right hand corner, click on the advance
    button.
    Check to see if your speakers are set up correctly. You can set varies
    option here.
    From stereo speaker to 7.1 speakers.
    Then click apply or accept or OK.

    Then test to see if your speaker are working properly.

    Hope this is helpful

    --

    Gee

    Smile Jesus Loves You

    "Ginger" <Ginger @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I just have never got this to work right, I have Creative Inspire 5.1 5200
    > speakers with the SoundBlaster 24 bit EAX. The only speakers that I can
    get
    > to work is the center speaker and the subwoofer. I have had my pc for 2.5
    > years. Every other month I try again. I dont know how to do all this
    stuff.
    > And a lot of this is greek to me. HELP and I do mean step by step. Each
    > speaker will work if i plug into the center. Seems like I have seen a lot
    of
    > posts that have problems with SB audigy

Speakers Sound Blaster Windows XP