OC 1800+ on a EP8RDA+

My Athlon XP1800+ runs @ 133Mhz FSB. I want to be able to OC it to either
166 or maybe even 200.
My DDR is PC3200 DDR400. Anyone who knows this board and chip please give
me their experience with this.
Please be as specific as possible about the bios changes.

Hugh

is it TBred A or B? TBred A's dont overclock anywhere near as well, and
reach a maximum of about 1900mhz even with extra voltage,

you'll unlikely get to 200 without having to drop the multiplier... check
the bios for FSB and Multi options as I dont know the board specifically, if
you dont have the option, then getting to 200 will prove trickier...

Tim

"Hugh Sutherland" <hsutherland4@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> My Athlon XP1800+ runs @ 133Mhz FSB. I want to be able to OC it to either
> 166 or maybe even 200.
> My DDR is PC3200 DDR400. Anyone who knows this board and chip please give
> me their experience with this.
> Please be as specific as possible about the bios changes.
>
> Hugh

A while ago someone gave me complete details as to what to do in the bios to
OC this chip, buy rasininf the FSB and or multiplier (which you can do on
this chip) and voltage settings also. I could use that info again please.

Hugh

"Hugh Sutherland" <hsutherland4@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> My Athlon XP1800+ runs @ 133Mhz FSB. I want to be able to OC it to either
> 166 or maybe even 200.
> My DDR is PC3200 DDR400. Anyone who knows this board and chip please give
> me their experience with this.
> Please be as specific as possible about the bios changes.
>
> Hugh

This it?You could have searched using Google too....
1.Advanced chipset features >system performance>select Expert( this will
enable all options)
2.CPU clock> default is 17 i think, select 12 or 13(12 is safer)
3.FSB frequency > select 166, as a start(your ram will do 200,but the board
is not guaranteed to reach this.Mine only did 190ish max until i modded the
Chipset(northbridge)voltage.
12 x 166 will give you 1992 Hz(13x166 = 2158)
4.CPU interface>optimal
5.Memory frequency> same as FSB always = 166 in this case
6.mem timings(reading down), 11,2,2,2 your ram should do this at 166 easily
Leave most other stuff at defaults here i think

Power bios Features( this is where you set the voltages for CPU etc)
1. CPU voltage( default is 1.6 i think), select 1.7 or thereabouts(may not
boot at 13x166 with this,but should be ok for 12x166, no more than 1.8V)

What else, oh yeah, with overclocking you are going to see more heat so,
PC health status
1.CPU warning temp > select a reasonable value maybe 50-55C
2.Shutdown temp> maybe 60
i have mine set at 50 and 55, but then i'm watercooling
i think that is it.
exit bios and save settings
if machine does not boot or locks at post, hold Insert and Delete key on
reboot.This will load failsafe defaults, which will allow you to get into
the bios to change to easier settings
Do not quote me on all this :)
If machine boots at overclocked settings, check your cpu temperatures on
post screen and also when you run Windows.This is basically it.
Good luck
you may want to also upgrade to the latest bios for your motherboard, if you
haven't done so.RUN CHIP AT DEFAULT SPEEDS WHEN UPGRADING BIOS.you don't
want any lockups while doing this.
--
Steve H
Epox 8RDA+ v1.1,Vdd mod

> A while ago someone gave me complete details as to what to do in the bios
> OC this chip, buy rasininf the FSB and or multiplier (which you can do on
> this chip) and voltage settings also. I could use that info again please.
>
> Hugh
>

> "Hugh Sutherland" <hsutherland4@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> > My Athlon XP1800+ runs @ 133Mhz FSB. I want to be able to OC it to
either
> > 166 or maybe even 200.
> > My DDR is PC3200 DDR400. Anyone who knows this board and chip please
give
> > me their experience with this.
> > Please be as specific as possible about the bios changes.
> >
> > Hugh

BTW the chip was an XP2100+ in the above.default is not a 17 multiplier.Been
long time since i ran defaults..lol..
--

Steve H