keeps rebooting when installing XP

Hi,
I am trying to do a clean install of XP onto my machine but each time all
the setup files have been loaded and I have pressed enter and F8 to accept
the microsoft terms my computer reboots straight away and starts all over
again.

That is what has been happening until I started to write this, now it has
just rebooted half way through loading the windows setup files!

The system has not been rebooting automatically before when I had windows XP
running. It is only since I have been trying to reinstall it.
I have also tried a different HDD and a XP Home disk.
Please help as I am completely lost now.
Cheers
Lenny
3 answers Last reply
More about keeps rebooting installing

    Hi Again,
    I am also getting a page fault appearing sometimes too.
    page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
    and sometimes this one too,
    driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal
    Cheers

    "lenny" <lenny109@takeout.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I am trying to do a clean install of XP onto my machine but each time all
    > the setup files have been loaded and I have pressed enter and F8 to accept
    > the microsoft terms my computer reboots straight away and starts all over
    > again.
    >
    > That is what has been happening until I started to write this, now it has
    > just rebooted half way through loading the windows setup files!
    >
    > The system has not been rebooting automatically before when I had windows
    > XP running. It is only since I have been trying to reinstall it.
    > I have also tried a different HDD and a XP Home disk.
    > Please help as I am completely lost now.
    > Cheers
    > Lenny

    what would happen if the fan isn't 'tight' onto the cpu? Then I guess it
    would overheat and keep shutting down.
    I have just noticed that someone has been doing a bit of DIY on this
    computer. I have tightened the fan and so far so good.
    I will let you know the final outcome later but it looks like it is sorted.

    > Hi Again,
    > I am also getting a page fault appearing sometimes too.
    > page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
    > and sometimes this one too,
    > driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal
    > Cheers
    >
    > "lenny" <lenny109@takeout.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >> I am trying to do a clean install of XP onto my machine but each time all
    >> the setup files have been loaded and I have pressed enter and F8 to
    >> accept the microsoft terms my computer reboots straight away and starts
    >> all over again.
    >>
    >> That is what has been happening until I started to write this, now it has
    >> just rebooted half way through loading the windows setup files!
    >>
    >> The system has not been rebooting automatically before when I had windows
    >> XP running. It is only since I have been trying to reinstall it.
    >> I have also tried a different HDD and a XP Home disk.
    >> Please help as I am completely lost now.
    >> Cheers
    >> Lenny

    that did the trick. Now I have another problem but will post again.

    > what would happen if the fan isn't 'tight' onto the cpu? Then I guess it
    > would overheat and keep shutting down.
    > I have just noticed that someone has been doing a bit of DIY on this
    > computer. I have tightened the fan and so far so good.
    > I will let you know the final outcome later but it looks like it is
    > sorted.
    >
    > "lenny" <lenny109@takeout.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi Again,
    >> I am also getting a page fault appearing sometimes too.
    >> page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
    >> and sometimes this one too,
    >> driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> "lenny" <lenny109@takeout.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I am trying to do a clean install of XP onto my machine but each time
    >>> all the setup files have been loaded and I have pressed enter and F8 to
    >>> accept the microsoft terms my computer reboots straight away and starts
    >>> all over again.
    >>>
    >>> That is what has been happening until I started to write this, now it
    >>> has just rebooted half way through loading the windows setup files!
    >>>
    >>> The system has not been rebooting automatically before when I had
    >>> windows XP running. It is only since I have been trying to reinstall it.
    >>> I have also tried a different HDD and a XP Home disk.
    >>> Please help as I am completely lost now.
    >>> Cheers
    >>> Lenny

Microsoft Windows XP