On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 17:06:38 +0100, Bomber wrote:

> I have AMD Athlon 2500+ Barton (box cooler)
> on http://www.kobian.com/products.php?productid=313 this motherboard.
> I have 11 x 166 = 1826.
> How many mhz can i have after a safety overclock ? :)
> It 2200 to much ?
> My comp is always open (on speedfan 30-34`C temp)

Your problem is going to be the FSB. Your MB's KT400 chipset will limit
the max FSB to about 185MHz, so unless you have an unlocked multiplier you
won't get much more than 11x185 or a little over 2035MHz. And if you are
using the stock cooler, I'd replace it before raising vcore much.

"Bomber" <bomber@NOSPAMopole.eu.org> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I have AMD Athlon 2500+ Barton (box cooler)
> on http://www.kobian.com/products.php?productid=313 this motherboard.
> I have 11 x 166 = 1826.
> How many mhz can i have after a safety overclock ? :)
> It 2200 to much ?
> My comp is always open (on speedfan 30-34`C temp)
>
> salut
> Bomber

buy an abit NF7 £30 (roughly $50)

will get your 2500+ up to 2800+ speeds no problems.. prividing it hasn't got
a locked multiplier, if so you can get the FSB up to 200mhz on the NF7 v2.0
as long as you run ddr400 memory so you could have 11x200 which will give
you 2.2 GHz

make sure you have some decent fans in your case... with a stock AMD cooler
and heatsink i would say notch it up to 2 Ghz as long as you have a few case
fans too, it will be safe at that speed, should run idle at about 45 C - 50
C pretty much would be the same with it set at 2.2 Ghz not sure about under
load temp though could exceed 70 C which i wouldn't reccomend

Bomber

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> buy an abit NF7 £30 (roughly $50)
>
> will get your 2500+ up to 2800+ speeds no problems.. prividing it hasn't
got
> a locked multiplier, if so you can get the FSB up to 200mhz on the NF7
v2.0
> as long as you run ddr400 memory so you could have 11x200 which will give
> you 2.2 GHz
>
> make sure you have some decent fans in your case... with a stock AMD
cooler
> and heatsink i would say notch it up to 2 Ghz as long as you have a few
case
> fans too, it will be safe at that speed, should run idle at about 45 C -
50
> C pretty much would be the same with it set at 2.2 Ghz not sure about
under
> load temp though could exceed 70 C which i wouldn't reccomend

What cooler is good ?
I know someone that makes 2600mhz on PENTAGRAM FREEZONE QC-80 Cu
Hm.