Hi,
I am trying to add a wireless card to my computer (XP Pro)
I have a Wireless Desktop Network Card from Belkin F5D7000. I load the
software then installed the card but my cvomputer doesn't even register that
there is a card there. I have tried in a number of differnet PCI slots and
also checked Device Manager. I have also tried antohyer Belkin card (same
model) but again it is not seen. Any thoughts why this might be?

I have then added a more basic SafeCom 54Mbps Wirelss Lan PCI Card SWLPT
54108 and the computer will pick this card up but will not load the drivers
for it. I have tried everything that I can think of with this card to load
the drivers but it will not let me. It just says unable to load driver for
this device. The computer sees the device and it is in Device manager but
with a yellow question mark next to it and it will not work.

The only thing in Device Manager that I can see out of place is under NT
Apm/Legacy Support is an icon with a red cross on it that says NT Apm/Legacy
Interface Node

Please, any help with this matter would be great. Could it be that the MB is
to old to accept a wireless card?
Cheers
Lenny

Under network in device manager how many devices are present?
Boot into safe mode double check on the number and remove all of them
reboot your system should detect at least the (if you have one) wired nic
card

"lenny" wrote:
> The only thing in Device Manager that I can see out of place is under NT
> Apm/Legacy Support is an icon with a red cross on it that says NT Apm/Legacy
> Interface Node

Why?? Have you disabled it in device manager?

--PA

>"lenny" <lenny109@takeout.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I am trying to add a wireless card to my computer (XP Pro)
>> I have a Wireless Desktop Network Card from Belkin F5D7000. I load the
>> software then installed the card but my cvomputer doesn't even register
>> that there is a card there. I have tried in a number of differnet PCI
>> slots and also checked Device Manager. I have also tried antohyer Belkin
>> card (same model) but again it is not seen. Any thoughts why this might
>> be?
>>
>> I have then added a more basic SafeCom 54Mbps Wirelss Lan PCI Card SWLPT
>> 54108 and the computer will pick this card up but will not load the
>> drivers for it. I have tried everything that I can think of with this card
>> to load the drivers but it will not let me. It just says unable to load
>> driver for this device. The computer sees the device and it is in Device
>> manager but with a yellow question mark next to it and it will not work.
>>
>> The only thing in Device Manager that I can see out of place is under NT
>> Apm/Legacy Support is an icon with a red cross on it that says NT
>> Apm/Legacy Interface Node
>>
>> Please, any help with this matter would be great. Could it be that the MB
>> is to old to accept a wireless card?
>> Cheers
>> Lenny

Assuming that there is a cannot install message:
does the 'canot install' message include 'data unknown'?
If so, the problem is with permissions; see:
http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/Tips.htm#probleminst

no, I don't have a wired nic on this system so it doesn't detect anything.

"Keith AH" <Somebody@somewher.com> wrote in message
> Under network in device manager how many devices are present?
> Boot into safe mode double check on the number and remove all of them
> reboot your system should detect at least the (if you have one) wired nic
> card
>
> "lenny" <lenny109@takeout.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I am trying to add a wireless card to my computer (XP Pro)
>> I have a Wireless Desktop Network Card from Belkin F5D7000. I load the
>> software then installed the card but my cvomputer doesn't even register
>> that there is a card there. I have tried in a number of differnet PCI
>> slots and also checked Device Manager. I have also tried antohyer Belkin
>> card (same model) but again it is not seen. Any thoughts why this might
>> be?
>>
>> I have then added a more basic SafeCom 54Mbps Wirelss Lan PCI Card SWLPT
>> 54108 and the computer will pick this card up but will not load the
>> drivers for it. I have tried everything that I can think of with this
>> card to load the drivers but it will not let me. It just says unable to
>> load driver for this device. The computer sees the device and it is in
>> Device manager but with a yellow question mark next to it and it will not
>> work.
>>
>> The only thing in Device Manager that I can see out of place is under NT
>> Apm/Legacy Support is an icon with a red cross on it that says NT
>> Apm/Legacy Interface Node
>>
>> Please, any help with this matter would be great. Could it be that the MB
>> is to old to accept a wireless card?
>> Cheers
>> Lenny

Hi,
No, i didn't disable it but I am able to enable it which I have done. I have
then deleted all traces of any wireless card and after trying 3 cards have
found only the Netgear to work but work it has.