Can't Install Windows anymore...

Shin

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2004

Hi,

I had just formated my windows XP PC, and was going to re-install my XP back
onto it, i had formatted the Partition, then it said copying new files, and
then Rebooted.

But when rebooting i get the following error message:
"Windows could not start because of a computer disk kardware configuration
problem.
Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware.
Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and
your harware reference maunals for additional information."

Ok this is bad, i really need my PC up and running and wasn't expecting this
to happen, i have never seen this happen.

I suspect it could be because of my HDD though, as i don't think windows
install like SATA HDD's mine is a Western Digital Raptor.

Anyone know what i am doing wrong?

Pleasde help.

You have to have your SATA drivers on a floppy and insert the floppy
when you install XP (at the "Press F6 to install 3rd party SCSI or RAID
drivers" prompt).

Shin

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2004

Thanks for the reply, i tried this and i now get a new error message which
states:

File txtsetup.oem caused an unexpected error (4096) at line 1742 in
d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c.

What do i do here? This is the SATA driver disk that came with my MSI K8n
neo2 platinum.

"GreenieLeBrun" wrote:

> You have to have your SATA drivers on a floppy and insert the floppy
> when you install XP (at the "Press F6 to install 3rd party SCSI or RAID
> drivers" prompt).

Try downloading a new set of SATA drivers for your motherboard from the
MSI site (http://www.msicomputer.com/)