DVD RW drive

I cannot make a Quicken Backup to my DVD RW drive.
It's the first time I've tried on this new machine.
"Disk is not RW or disk is full"....this is not the case...it's a blank 4X
DVD RW, and I did try another disk.
This is a new Dell machine and the drive came pre-installed.
Do I have to format something or install something?
Am I using the right media?
Do I have to go through some burning software like Sonic (which wouldn't
load and gave an error code indicating it needed to be reinstalled)?
I am lost.
1 answer Last reply
More about drive

    XP does not contain any native DVD burning software. You'll need something
    like Nero or Roxio... or try reinstalling Sonic.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Karen" <kfalk@redwing.net> wrote in message
    >I cannot make a Quicken Backup to my DVD RW drive.
    > It's the first time I've tried on this new machine.
    > "Disk is not RW or disk is full"....this is not the case...it's a blank 4X
    > DVD RW, and I did try another disk.
    > This is a new Dell machine and the drive came pre-installed.
    > Do I have to format something or install something?
    > Am I using the right media?
    > Do I have to go through some burning software like Sonic (which wouldn't
    > load and gave an error code indicating it needed to be reinstalled)?
    > I am lost.

DVD RW Windows XP