user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

I'm using XP Home SP 1. I have an old HP scanner. I downloaded a
driver for it from an online site (not HP, which doesn't have it
available anymore). How do I install the driver?

Thanks.

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net

Alias

Make sure the scanner is connected to the computer and then right click on
My Computer/Properties/Hardware/Device Manager. Find the scanner. Right
click on it and choose Update Drivers and after the Wizard pops up, choose
Find from a list and browse to where you saved the drivers.

Alias

"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote

<*(((><{ wrote:
> I'm using XP Home SP 1. I have an old HP scanner. I downloaded a
> driver for it from an online site (not HP, which doesn't have it
> available anymore). How do I install the driver?
>
> Thanks.
>
> <*((((><{
> Fishy@Ocean.Net

If it's so ancient that it has a parallel port interface only, you'll have
to replace it. Windows XP has no support for parallel-only scanners.

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 04:31:01 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
<test@test.com> wrote:

><*(((><{ wrote:
>> I'm using XP Home SP 1. I have an old HP scanner. I downloaded a
>> driver for it from an online site (not HP, which doesn't have it
>> available anymore). How do I install the driver?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> <*((((><{
>> Fishy@Ocean.Net
>
>If it's so ancient that it has a parallel port interface only, you'll have
>to replace it. Windows XP has no support for parallel-only scanners.

Don't speak in absolutes! I have seen a few instances where folks got
their old parrallel port scanners to work in XP. They are just few
and far between.