athlon xp 2000+ question?

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone has a newer xp 2000 cpu?
It seems that the l1 bridges are there, but they also seem spaced far
apart. There is no laser etching between them. Also, the space between
the l1 and l3 bridges is very small. Can anyone confirm this? Any pics
I've found have been of older (2002) cpus. The date code on mine is 0427
2004 - 27th week. I just bought the cpu a week ago (I'm an intel
convert), I would like to unlock the multipliers, but I also don't want
to screw something up!

TIA.

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:20:51 -0500, Browser Joe wrote:

> Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone has a newer xp 2000 cpu?
> It seems that the l1 bridges are there, but they also seem spaced far
> apart. There is no laser etching between them. Also, the space between
> the l1 and l3 bridges is very small. Can anyone confirm this? Any pics
> I've found have been of older (2002) cpus. The date code on mine is 0427
> 2004 - 27th week. I just bought the cpu a week ago (I'm an intel
> convert), I would like to unlock the multipliers, but I also don't want
> to screw something up!

AMD starting internally locking the multipliers back in the middle of
2003. And they haven't laser cut the L1's since the Palomino core. So
basically, you can't unlock the multiplier in a desktop cpu. If your MB
supports it, you can change the desktop cpu into a mobile part.