Second hard drive in Windows XP not recognized HELP!!!

Hello. I have two hard drives that were working perfectly on XP. I then
took out the second hard drive because I wanted to try and fix another
hard drive. When I was finished I then put the original second hard
drive back and now it is not recognized anywhere. Why? I may have moved
the jumpers but I am pretty sure I did not. Even so I checked the
picture on the hard drive and put them in the proper place. Why is the
same drive now not recognized when it was just a day ago? I need to get
some files from it. Someone please help!

--
Orangeflava
Orangeflava's Profile: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid=1549

Hi,

Check if the IDE cable is not loose on the MotherBoard. Also check, if
you have attached the Power Cable to the HardDrive. If all this is fine, then
check BIOS if you have kept the "IDE Drives" to autodetect.

--
Regards,
Hardik Shah

Orangeflava wrote:
> Hello. I have two hard drives that were working perfectly on XP. I then
> took out the second hard drive because I wanted to try and fix another
> hard drive. When I was finished I then put the original second hard
> drive back and now it is not recognized anywhere. Why? I may have moved
> the jumpers but I am pretty sure I did not. Even so I checked the
> picture on the hard drive and put them in the proper place. Why is the
> same drive now not recognized when it was just a day ago? I need to get
> some files from it. Someone please help!

If you do the following, can you see the drive:

1. Right-click My Computer-Manage
2. Left-click Disk Management

You should at least be able to see the drive and its partitions, but
Windows may not have assigned a drive letter. You can do this in Disk
Management.

TRENDING THREADS