ahoi

my problem:
my pc try to start windows xp but it is always automatically restarted
it appear a blue screen and suddenly it is restarted so i cannot read
te text on the blue screen

what i try:
-i tried to start my pc in safe mode but it happens the same thing
-i tried to repair windows xp from install cd
-i have an sata motherboard, harddisk so i intall in the repair
process the sata driver also, but when i push R for repair it comes a
message from windows that no ide device found.

question:
what can i do to repair the windows xp without reinstall the windows

thanks

--
pumuklee

pumuklee wrote:
> ahoi
>
> my problem:
> my pc try to start windows xp but it is always automatically restarted
> it appear a blue screen and suddenly it is restarted so i cannot read
> te text on the blue screen
>
> what i try:
> -i tried to start my pc in safe mode but it happens the same thing
> -i tried to repair windows xp from install cd
> -i have an sata motherboard, harddisk so i intall in the repair
> process the sata driver also, but when i push R for repair it comes a
> message from windows that no ide device found.
>
> question:
> what can i do to repair the windows xp without reinstall the windows

Since the motherboard has SATA ports, then its bios should
allow the computer to boot from an SATA hard drive. In bios
setup, verify that SATA is enabled and check for the boot
sequence so that the SATA hard drive is given priority as the
first boot device (or at least ahead of any IDE drive). If
necessary, re-do the repair installation after the machine
has been re-set accordingly.

gf

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

Not true for all motherboards. Some require a diskette to
be loaded at the beginning of MS Install loading.
One has to press F6 when requested.

> Since the motherboard has SATA ports, then its bios should
> allow the computer to boot from an SATA hard drive. In bios
> setup, verify that SATA is enabled and check for the boot
> sequence so that the SATA hard drive is given priority as the
> first boot device (or at least ahead of any IDE drive). If
> necessary, re-do the repair installation after the machine
> has been re-set accordingly.

This is wrong! If the motherboard has SATA ports, then the BIOS will
support booting from a SATA drive. However, this does not mean that Windows
will boot correctly. Some SATA ports require a third party driver to be
installed, by pressing F6, during the XP install.