amd64 temp resistance?!?

hi

i got a new amd64 setup, a 939 3800+ and i have a question. on my
watercooled rigg i got a hi temp diff between cpu (mbm5 and msi-utility)
and the bottom of the cpu block. cpu is 55°c and block just 25°c
(measured with a digital termometer). the block is mounted with artic
cooling and have a good contact.

when oc the cpu temp just raises to 57°c @ 2600mhz/1,60vcore!

is the cpu temp diod located in the bottom of the chip or is the bios
reporting a errorous hi temp? (or what?)

bios h/w readouts in boot time gives 42°c (1,50vcore) and the water
is just 21°c (incommming).
mb is a msi neo2 platinum, bios 1.3 (latest)

tia coco

CoCo wrote:
> hi
>
> i got a new amd64 setup, a 939 3800+ and i have a question. on my
> watercooled rigg i got a hi temp diff between cpu (mbm5 and msi-utility)
> and the bottom of the cpu block. cpu is 55°c and block just 25°c
> (measured with a digital termometer). the block is mounted with artic
> cooling and have a good contact.
>
> when oc the cpu temp just raises to 57°c @ 2600mhz/1,60vcore!
>
> is the cpu temp diod located in the bottom of the chip or is the bios
> reporting a errorous hi temp? (or what?)
>
> bios h/w readouts in boot time gives 42°c (1,50vcore) and the water
> is just 21°c (incommming).
> mb is a msi neo2 platinum, bios 1.3 (latest)
>
> tia coco

even more funny!! after i enabled cool'n'quite (with driver and min
power saving) my full load temp drops from 55°c -> 48°c !??!!? the
programs dont slow anything at all (prime)

what is going on? how could temp drop that much without any traces in
done work?!?

coco