cd/dvd rom and dvd rw

my system does not regognize a cd rom and the dvd rw. they are desplayed in
the device manager but have yellow with ! mark
1 answer Last reply
More about tomshardware

    Goto http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems
    See the second "problem" (read the caveats)
    Run the provided registry patch

    That should fix your problem (basically, a filter driver is missing or
    non-operational, the registry patch will delete the filter drivers
    references for your cdrom(s))

    Basically, the reg file from above carries out the steps displayed at this
    website

    CD-ROM Drive or DVD-ROM Drive Missing After You Install Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553

    CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19,
    or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP

    (It'll fix code 41 errors too as per the contents of the last kb article)

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "Hazem" <Hazem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my system does not regognize a cd rom and the dvd rw. they are desplayed
    > in
    > the device manager but have yellow with ! mark

DVD RW CD-Rom DVD Drives Windows XP