OC XP-M Barton@2375MHz vs Athlon64 3000+ vs P4 3 & 2.4 GHz

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
November 18, 2004 6:24:43 PM

It would have been nice to see OC Athlon64 with some price to performance
ratios. I believe that you are right, they must not have had a good mobile
chip for OC'ing.

"Rusty" <rlsmith004@netzero.com> wrote in message
> http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review_print.php?d...
>
> Cut and paste link.

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
November 18, 2004 11:41:24 PM

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:24:43 +0000, Rusty wrote:

> "Rusty" <rlsmith004@netzero.com> wrote in message
>> http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review_print.php?d...
>>
> It would have been nice to see OC Athlon64 with some price to performance
> ratios. I believe that you are right, they must not have had a good mobile
> chip for OC'ing.

They overclocked the XP-M and ran the A64 at stock speeds. The A64 3000+
overclcoked to 2333Mhz would have killed the overclockied 2500+. It
wouldn't have even been a contest. If you want bang for the buck then you
can't beat this.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/print/sempron-3100...

November 19, 2004 6:20:02 AM

I am sure it is. Currently I would have to buy memory, motherboard, cpu,
heatsink. My current system is a 1700+ at 1900MHz 1.875v, NF7-S, 512MB
Micron DDR2100 at 173MHz 2.8v, GF5900SE at 450/880, Seagate 40GB 7200
ATA100.

As you can see I would at minimum have to replace the ram, motherboard,
heatsink, and processor. I could use a new SATA hard drive. The total cost
to upgrade is not exactly a bargain. I think it would be in my best
interest to wait for the Nforce4 SLI boards and get a FX51 or FX53
processor, GF6600GT, LL DDR3500 ram, and a SATA hard drive or two. Total
cost would be around 1,400 to 1,600 depending upon what prices do after
Christmas (around march best time to buy). I could still sell my old
components for a decent price at this time, I am afraid if I hold out to
long my older components will be worthless.

Thanks,

"Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.11.18.20.45.21.226564@TAKEOUTverizon.net...
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:24:43 +0000, Rusty wrote:
>
>> "Rusty" <rlsmith004@netzero.com> wrote in message
>>> http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review_print.php?d...
>>>
>> It would have been nice to see OC Athlon64 with some price to performance
>> ratios. I believe that you are right, they must not have had a good
>> mobile
>> chip for OC'ing.
>>
> They overclocked the XP-M and ran the A64 at stock speeds. The A64 3000+
> overclcoked to 2333Mhz would have killed the overclockied 2500+. It
> wouldn't have even been a contest. If you want bang for the buck then you
> can't beat this.
>
> http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/print/sempron-3100...

a b K Overclocking
November 22, 2004 10:36:42 PM

Interesting link. I've got one of the newer mobile Bartons (IQFYA @ 2600).
It'll be interesting to see how far I can push this mobile over my 2800 Barton
(@2340, 2.10V Vcore and running hot).