OC XP-M Barton@2375MHz vs Athlon64 3000+ vs P4 3 & 2.4 GHz

http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review_print.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD03MjI=

Cut and paste link.
4 answers Last reply
More about barton 2375mhz athlon64 3000

    It would have been nice to see OC Athlon64 with some price to performance
    ratios. I believe that you are right, they must not have had a good mobile
    chip for OC'ing.

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:24:43 +0000, Rusty wrote:

    > "Rusty" <rlsmith004@netzero.com> wrote in message
    >> http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review_print.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD03MjI=
    >>
    > It would have been nice to see OC Athlon64 with some price to performance
    > ratios. I believe that you are right, they must not have had a good mobile
    > chip for OC'ing.

    They overclocked the XP-M and ran the A64 at stock speeds. The A64 3000+
    overclcoked to 2333Mhz would have killed the overclockied 2500+. It
    wouldn't have even been a contest. If you want bang for the buck then you
    can't beat this.

    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/print/sempron-3100-oc.html

    I am sure it is. Currently I would have to buy memory, motherboard, cpu,
    heatsink. My current system is a 1700+ at 1900MHz 1.875v, NF7-S, 512MB
    Micron DDR2100 at 173MHz 2.8v, GF5900SE at 450/880, Seagate 40GB 7200
    ATA100.

    As you can see I would at minimum have to replace the ram, motherboard,
    heatsink, and processor. I could use a new SATA hard drive. The total cost
    to upgrade is not exactly a bargain. I think it would be in my best
    interest to wait for the Nforce4 SLI boards and get a FX51 or FX53
    processor, GF6600GT, LL DDR3500 ram, and a SATA hard drive or two. Total
    cost would be around 1,400 to 1,600 depending upon what prices do after
    Christmas (around march best time to buy). I could still sell my old
    components for a decent price at this time, I am afraid if I hold out to
    long my older components will be worthless.

    Thanks,

    "Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:24:43 +0000, Rusty wrote:
    >
    >> "Rusty" <rlsmith004@netzero.com> wrote in message
    >>> http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review_print.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD03MjI=
    >>>
    >> It would have been nice to see OC Athlon64 with some price to performance
    >> ratios. I believe that you are right, they must not have had a good
    >> mobile
    >> chip for OC'ing.
    >>
    > They overclocked the XP-M and ran the A64 at stock speeds. The A64 3000+
    > overclcoked to 2333Mhz would have killed the overclockied 2500+. It
    > wouldn't have even been a contest. If you want bang for the buck then you
    > can't beat this.
    >
    > http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/print/sempron-3100-oc.html

    Interesting link. I've got one of the newer mobile Bartons (IQFYA @ 2600).
    It'll be interesting to see how far I can push this mobile over my 2800 Barton
    (@2340, 2.10V Vcore and running hot).

AMD Overclocking Hardware Windows XP