Microsoft Update KB896423

During the normal course of things I got advised to install Windows Update
KB896423. I am not normally concerned with doing updates BUT when starting
to install it I got the statement that said something like "backup my system
and close all programs". Closing program is expected I expect but I was
concerned that this might have issues with systems crashing like Service
Pack 2. I have Windows XP w/Service Pack 2, do all my spam and antivirus
and anti-spyware scans. Could anyone tell me what this update does and
should I install it. Thanks in advance.

It's a Critical Update.

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS05-043
Vulnerability in Print Spooler Service Could Allow Remote Code Execution
(896423)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms05-043.mspx

;896423]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];896423

--