dvd rom incompatible after reboot?????

September 6, 2005 8:35:40 PM

whenever i have to reboot my system the pc doesnt find my secondary
slave but if i power down then back on again it re appears. i am
running winxp pro can anyone help me? :cry:

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-dvd-rom-incompati...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1395293
September 6, 2005 8:35:41 PM

elevator wrote:

> whenever i have to reboot my system the pc doesnt find my secondary
> slave but if i power down then back on again it re appears. i am
> running winxp pro can anyone help me? :cry:

Swap out your power supply for a more powerful one. Make sure all ribbon
cables (if drives are IDE) are 80-wire and firmly connected.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com