Considering replacing 2.6 athlon xp with a socket A 3100+ ..

The motherboard is an ASUS A7N8X-LA
with the most recent bios (9/04)

Advice, comments?
4 answers Last reply
More about considering replacing athlon socket 3100

    "stephen voss" <voss749@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    | The motherboard is an ASUS A7N8X-LA
    | with the most recent bios (9/04)
    |
    | Advice, comments?

    Let us know how it went building the adapter plate for this configuration.
    Your new cpu won't fit because it is a socket 754. Correct me if I'm wrong
    but I don't think a socket a 3100+ sempron exists yet.

    On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:46:01 -0500, stephen voss wrote:

    > The motherboard is an ASUS A7N8X-LA
    > with the most recent bios (9/04)
    >
    > Advice, comments?

    Socket A Sempron 3100+? When did they release that? All I've seen is a 754
    3100+. If you see it as a socket A, then it's probably just a typo. Now
    there is a socket A Sempron 3000+, but it won't be any faster than what
    you have now. Actually, it's probably the same cpu. See Sempron in link
    below. Just overclock your 2600+. Don't waste any more money when you have
    close to the best socket A cpu now.

    stephen voss wrote:

    > The motherboard is an ASUS A7N8X-LA
    > with the most recent bios (9/04)
    >
    > Advice, comments?
    An Athlon64 2800+ would be preferable.

    stephen voss wrote:

    > The motherboard is an ASUS A7N8X-LA
    > with the most recent bios (9/04)
    >
    > Advice, comments?
    Scratch my last post. 3100+ is ONLY made for socket 754.

AMD Windows XP Overclocking