I'm trying to install WinXP on a Pentium III with 8 GB of HD. The
problem is that the PC -after the first reboot during the installation-
is blocked. The keyboard doesn't work anymore.. and I am compel to
reboot from the PC's button.

My question is.. it could be because the HD? I know maybe the PC has
any HD problems.. it could be? If not the HD, what's the matter?

Malke

RicercatoreSbadato wrote:

> I'm trying to install WinXP on a Pentium III with 8 GB of HD. The
> problem is that the PC -after the first reboot during the
> installation- is blocked. The keyboard doesn't work anymore.. and I am
> compel to reboot from the PC's button.
>
> My question is.. it could be because the HD? I know maybe the PC has
> any HD problems.. it could be? If not the HD, what's the matter?

What exactly does "is blocked" mean? Do you get any error messages? If
so, post the precise text of them. That is a pretty small hard drive
for XP - the basic install of XPSP2 is around 2.5GB all by itself. Then
you need at least a gig for moving around room. You won't be able to
install many applications, that's for sure.

There isn't any way for us to know what is wrong from the information
you included in your post. You could have hardware failures, marginal
RAM, etc. Before trying to install XP, did you check to see if your
hardware was compatible? Running the XP Upgrade Advisor is always a
good idea. It will be on your XP cd or you can get it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/upgrading/advisor.asp

If you want more specific help, post back with your computer's specs
such as what PIII, how much RAM, what video card, etc.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com