Thanks Bob H from HP for printer assistance

This message is late and I apologize to Bob H from H-P, but he really
helped me out with my 2410 printer problem. I had broken off one of
the clips for the ink cartridges and the printer stopped working. I
called H-P and they told me it was out of warranty by 1 month, and
they wouldn't have covered the problem anyway. Then they told me I
could send the printer back along with $200 and they would send me a
refurbished one. All this for a piece that may have cost all of a
dollar or two!!

I posted the problem on this newsgroup and Bob H. responded. Not only
did he have a spare part that he sent to me, but he wouldn't take
anything for it. He even sent me instructions on how to repair it.
There are still decent people left in this world. So I thank him and
advise anyone with an H-P printer problem to post it here and hope he
still reads this newsgroup.

Dave Herman

"DJHerman" <djherman@comcast.net> wrote in message
> This message is late and I apologize to Bob H from H-P, but he really
> helped me out with my 2410 printer problem. I had broken off one of
> the clips for the ink cartridges and the printer stopped working. I
> called H-P and they told me it was out of warranty by 1 month, and
> they wouldn't have covered the problem anyway. Then they told me I
> could send the printer back along with $200 and they would send me a
> refurbished one. All this for a piece that may have cost all of a
> dollar or two!!
>
> I posted the problem on this newsgroup and Bob H. responded. Not only
> did he have a spare part that he sent to me, but he wouldn't take
> anything for it. He even sent me instructions on how to repair it.
> There are still decent people left in this world. So I thank him and
> advise anyone with an H-P printer problem to post it here and hope he
> still reads this newsgroup.

Hi Dave - you are welcome. I hope you get many good years of service from your
PSC 2410.

Regards,
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick has been here since shortly after Noah built the Ark and has
been a steady source of helpful advice to many people with HP questions
including me.

We ALL owe him a major vote of thanks.

Richard Gordon

"RICHARD GORDON" <richard_r_gordonATmsnDOTcom> wrote in message
> We ALL owe him a major vote of thanks.

Ditto. Luckily my HP's have been nothing short of extraoridinary, so I
haven't required his assistance yet. I lurk around this group all the time,
and Bob definitely provides the best advice.

Same here, he gave me a simple tip regarding storing partially used
cartridges.

Best regards, Bob,
--
Dave C.

c9ar9dar9elli@9c4.n9et

Remove the five 9's (leave the 4) for email.

"xNokia3390x" <ofc2-ivom@spamex.com> wrote in message
> "RICHARD GORDON" <richard_r_gordonATmsnDOTcom> wrote in message
> > We ALL owe him a major vote of thanks.
>
> Ditto. Luckily my HP's have been nothing short of extraoridinary, so I
> haven't required his assistance yet. I lurk around this group all the
time,
> and Bob definitely provides the best advice.

Hi Fred -

I think you have already picked by brain on that one. I haven't fotten any
smarter than previously, when I pointed you at the partsurfer site and the
business and IT groups. I have very little experience in the LaserJet side of
the world, for the last ten years I have been involved in DeskJet development
and do not have any contacts in LaserJet land.

Regards,
Bob Headrick

Original message from June:

Hi Fred -

The guys in the forum should be a big help. It may be that the only real
difference is the firmware, which would be the best case for you. I do
remember a recent question on the forum about adding a duplexer to one of the
LaserJet models and it seemed like it was some major change. Of course I do
not remember any of the details, including which model....

- Bob Headrick