Is there a way to selectively turn off the "device connect" sound in
Windows XP? I like the notifications; however I have a palm that sets
off the sound each time it syncs. Actually it sets off three sounds:
connect (sync mode), disconnect (sync mode), connect (non-sync mode).
Needless to say, it is a bit annoying.

Thanks!
Carlos

Did you try Control Panel, Sound?

carlos.news13@gmail.com wrote:

> Is there a way to selectively turn off the "device connect" sound in
> Windows XP? I like the notifications; however I have a palm that sets
> off the sound each time it syncs. Actually it sets off three sounds:
> connect (sync mode), disconnect (sync mode), connect (non-sync mode).
> Needless to say, it is a bit annoying.
>
> Thanks!
> Carlos

That only allows to turn on and off the sound for all connect events,
not for a particular device.

Yep, a connect is a connect.