Reccommendations for cheap Mobo + CPU??

Hi everyone

I am building a very-cheap-budget PC for my cousin for his 10th
birthday. I have roughly £150-£200 to spend on the PC, baring in mind
that I already have a 40GB HDD, an Fx5200 GPU (AGP, yes AGP... this
will affect the mobo I choose), a floppy drive, and a disk drive.
What mobo and CPU do you think I should buy??

Thanks :!:

peter

Hi,

Start from here:
http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=P4VP-MX&langs=01

Mobo Asus P4VP-MX
512MB PC2100 ram
P4 2.8GA CPU
A good 300Watt PSU with small/mid chassis (suitable for micro form factor
for the mobo)

Total cost around £150 or less.

--
Peter

"jezzer256" wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I am building a very-cheap-budget PC for my cousin for his 10th
> birthday. I have roughly £150-£200 to spend on the PC, baring in mind
> that I already have a 40GB HDD, an Fx5200 GPU (AGP, yes AGP... this
> will affect the mobo I choose), a floppy drive, and a disk drive.
> What mobo and CPU do you think I should buy??
>
> Thanks :!:

http://www.dabs.com/uk

I know there are other UK cheapo dealers, but don't know their URLs... maybe
someone in the UK can chip in and assist.

www.outpost.com will ship to the UK... but www.newegg.com will not.

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"jezzer256" <jezzer256@aol-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi everyone
>
> I am building a very-cheap-budget PC for my cousin for his 10th
> birthday. I have roughly £150-£200 to spend on the PC, baring in mind
> that I already have a 40GB HDD, an Fx5200 GPU (AGP, yes AGP... this
> will affect the mobo I choose), a floppy drive, and a disk drive.
> What mobo and CPU do you think I should buy??
>
> Thanks :!:

frodo