NEC Ripoff

Boy...how bad can it be. NEC stopped supporting their printers with Win 98.
I have a perfectly good NEC superscript 860. Great machine. Supposed to
print at 600 dpi. But NEC backed away from their customer support after
Win 98 and said we can't do this anymore and, in addition, we do not care
about our loyal customer base. I wonder what NEC is saying about their
current customer base for other products.

"J.V." <jv.price@NOSPAMearthlink.net> wrote in message
| Boy...how bad can it be. NEC stopped supporting their printers with Win
98.
| I have a perfectly good NEC superscript 860. Great machine. Supposed to
| print at 600 dpi. But NEC backed away from their customer support after
| Win 98 and said we can't do this anymore and, in addition, we do not care
| about our loyal customer base. I wonder what NEC is saying about their
| current customer base for other products.

NEC has been about that (lack of support) for years and not only with the
printers. (I know I was one of their engineers)

On a related note, a friend recently subscribed to BT Openworld and their
new software only supports Win98 SE?!