Doe's XP Pro let U write to DVD'd like CD-R / RW's

Can I write to DVD's like CD-R in XP using explorer. I thought you were
supposed to be able to. I forgot, I just don't do it enough.

Thanks for the help.

No.

Matt Gibson - GSEC

"Nick Luna" <NickLuna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I write to DVD's like CD-R in XP using explorer. I thought you were
> supposed to be able to. I forgot, I just don't do it enough.
>
> Thanks for the help.

Definitely not.

"Nick Luna" <NickLuna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I write to DVD's like CD-R in XP using explorer. I thought you were
> supposed to be able to. I forgot, I just don't do it enough.
>
> Thanks for the help.

XP home or Pro does not have the capability to write to a DVD.Usually when
you purchase a DVD burner it will come with the software that does the
burning.If yours did not do a google for DVD burner and see what comes up.
peterk