Stop New Hardware Wizard?

The Wizard on my new Dell laptop didn't find my HP printer, so I went to HPs
site and downloaded the driver, followed their instructions and installed it.
I printed a test page and all was well. The problem is, every time I reboot,
Windows thinks the printer is new hardware and prompts me to run the new
hardware wizard. HP's instructions were to manually install, outside the
wizard. How can I make it stop trying to install it every time I boot?
Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about stop hardware wizard

    The New Hardware Wizard may detect the printer device after every restart of the
    computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298370

    --
    Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/
    "dawnvk" <dawnvk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > The Wizard on my new Dell laptop didn't find my HP printer, so I went to HPs
    > site and downloaded the driver, followed their instructions and installed it.
    > I printed a test page and all was well. The problem is, every time I reboot,
    > Windows thinks the printer is new hardware and prompts me to run the new
    > hardware wizard. HP's instructions were to manually install, outside the
    > wizard. How can I make it stop trying to install it every time I boot?
    > Thanks.

Hardware Windows XP