Stop New Hardware Wizard?

September 7, 2005 11:49:01 PM

The Wizard on my new Dell laptop didn't find my HP printer, so I went to HPs
site and downloaded the driver, followed their instructions and installed it.
I printed a test page and all was well. The problem is, every time I reboot,
Windows thinks the printer is new hardware and prompts me to run the new
hardware wizard. HP's instructions were to manually install, outside the
wizard. How can I make it stop trying to install it every time I boot?
Thanks.

More about : stop hardware wizard

Anonymous
September 8, 2005 10:53:09 AM

The New Hardware Wizard may detect the printer device after every restart of the
computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298370

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP