set USB port to only recognize one kind of dispositive

September 8, 2005 7:10:52 AM

Hi !

We have a computer with XP installed in, we'd like to configure the USB
port to only accept one kind of dispositives (actually it should only
accept storage dispositives such as hard drives or pen drives)

Is it possible ? Is there any way to accomplish this ?

Any help will be appreciated, thx in advance,
ori
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 7:10:53 AM

"ori" <ori@bbs-ce.uab.es> wrote in message
> Hi !
>
> We have a computer with XP installed in, we'd like to configure the USB
> port to only accept one kind of dispositives (actually it should only
> accept storage dispositives such as hard drives or pen drives)
>
> Is it possible ? Is there any way to accomplish this ?
>
> Any help will be appreciated, thx in advance,
> ori

I cannot think of a way to have it only accept the results of a will...

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=dispositive

Perhaps if you posted your question again in plain English without trying to
use *fancy* words, maybe you'll get a response.

Bobby
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 8:27:55 AM

NoNoBadDog! wrote:
> "ori" <ori@bbs-ce.uab.es> wrote in message
> > Hi !
> >
> > We have a computer with XP installed in, we'd like to configure the USB
> > port to only accept one kind of dispositives (actually it should only
> > accept storage dispositives such as hard drives or pen drives)
> >
> > Is it possible ? Is there any way to accomplish this ?
> >
> > Any help will be appreciated, thx in advance,
> > ori
> >

> I cannot think of a way to have it only accept the results of a will...
>
> http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=dispositive
>
> Perhaps if you posted your question again in plain English without trying to
> use *fancy* words, maybe you'll get a response.

Although these things sometimes come across rather amusing, it is
worthwhile to keep in mind the possibility that the writer is not a
native English speaker, and that a dictionary is sometimes used to
provide words. Dictionaries are far from perfect if one is not aware of
the context in which some words are or are not normally used.
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 12:22:55 PM

Only way I can think of is to "hack" the USBstor.inf file to remove the
recognition of the "unwelcome devices".

!