CentralCal

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2005

I have a 60 GB WD HD with a jumper set to master. I just installed a new WD
120 GB HD and set the jumper to slave. Windows XP Home does not recognize the
new 120 GB HD. I can open the device manager and it shows up as working. The
new hard drive is recognized in my mobo BIOS ( ASUS ). Any help is
appreciated. Thank you.

Click Start, right click on My Computer, select Manage. Under Storage
select Disk Management, see if you can find your new disk, if you can right
click and assign a drive letter.

"CentralCal" <lc74email-forums@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have a 60 GB WD HD with a jumper set to master. I just installed a new WD
> 120 GB HD and set the jumper to slave. Windows XP Home does not recognize
> the
> new 120 GB HD. I can open the device manager and it shows up as working.
> The
> new hard drive is recognized in my mobo BIOS ( ASUS ). Any help is
> appreciated. Thank you.

CentralCal

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2005

I will give it a try when I get home. Thanks for your reply.

"nb" wrote:

> Click Start, right click on My Computer, select Manage. Under Storage
> select Disk Management, see if you can find your new disk, if you can right
> click and assign a drive letter.
>
> "CentralCal" <lc74email-forums@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I have a 60 GB WD HD with a jumper set to master. I just installed a new WD
> > 120 GB HD and set the jumper to slave. Windows XP Home does not recognize
> > the
> > new 120 GB HD. I can open the device manager and it shows up as working.
> > The
> > new hard drive is recognized in my mobo BIOS ( ASUS ). Any help is
> > appreciated. Thank you.

dl

You might also want to Format it