athlon xp 2600+

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
November 30, 2004 9:05:55 AM

I have the athlon xp 2600+ cpu on a Gigabyte GA7VM400AM mb. On default
settings the system bus is running at 166Mhz and multiplier is 11.5 which
gives the CPU running at 1.9 Ghz. The max I can overclock is 2.1 Ghz if I
change the system bus to 185 Mhz.

I have another system a pentium P4 2600 cpu on a Arock P4VT8 mb. The default
clock speed is 2.6 Mhz without having to overclock.

By the way I get the clock speed from windows control panel, system,
general.

Just wondering what does the number 2600+ for athlon processer means. Its
deceiving when they say 2600+ and you only get 2.1 Ghz whereas for pentium
cpu 2600 means 2.6 Ghz.

More about : athlon 2600

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
November 30, 2004 9:05:56 AM

WaterBucket Carriers For Sale, All buckets are carried by hand only, no more
than 1 bucket per hand.
Option 1:
2 OneArm/OneHand Bucket Carriers for sale.. for 299$
Option2:
1 TwoArm/TwoHand Bucket Caerrier for sale.. 249$

What's the better value here..
Is it "Fair" Or confusing to say that
Option2 = Option1 in workload to be done..

Now.. I am going to go beat my head against the wall for feeding the
trolls.. I have to wonder if your the same guy who's been around for about
18 months now talking about the system he's about to buy.

"Robert" <robertl@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
> I have the athlon xp 2600+ cpu on a Gigabyte GA7VM400AM mb. On default
> settings the system bus is running at 166Mhz and multiplier is 11.5 which
> gives the CPU running at 1.9 Ghz. The max I can overclock is 2.1 Ghz if I
> change the system bus to 185 Mhz.
>
> I have another system a pentium P4 2600 cpu on a Arock P4VT8 mb. The
default
> clock speed is 2.6 Mhz without having to overclock.
>
> By the way I get the clock speed from windows control panel, system,
> general.
>
> Just wondering what does the number 2600+ for athlon processer means. Its
> deceiving when they say 2600+ and you only get 2.1 Ghz whereas for pentium
> cpu 2600 means 2.6 Ghz.

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
November 30, 2004 9:05:56 AM

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 06:05:55 +1100, Robert wrote:

> Just wondering what does the number 2600+ for athlon processer means. Its
> deceiving when they say 2600+ and you only get 2.1 Ghz whereas for pentium
> cpu 2600 means 2.6 Ghz.

It means it performs on par or above with a P4 2.6GHz /533. Now if the
2600+ was a Sempron (XP2200+ equiv.) it means it performs on par with a
2.6Ghz Celeron.

a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
November 30, 2004 9:05:57 AM

"rstlne" <.@text.news.virgin.net> wrote in message
> WaterBvcket Carriers For Sale, All bvckets are carried by hand only, no
> more
> than 1 bvcket per hand.
> Option 1:
> 2 OneArm/OneHand Bvcket Carriers for sale.. for 299$
> Option2:
> 1 TwoArm/TwoHand Bvcket Caerrier for sale.. 249$
>
> What's the better valve here..
> Is it "Fair" Or confvsing to say that
> Option2 = Option1 in workload to be done..
>
> Now.. I am going to go beat my head against the wall for feeding the
> trolls.. I have to wonder if yovr the same gvy who's been arovnd for abovt
> 18 months now talking abovt the system he's abovt to bvy.

Thats not it! The intel bvckets are in a Union. The vnion says only one
bvcket per clock cycle. The AMD chips whcih are non vnion are forced to do
as many as 4 bvckets per clock cycle. AMD is nice enovgh to pass the savings
on to the consvmer rather than making greedy company profilts

Some of the newer Intel chips may be scabbing and doing more work per clock
cycle. I don't know for svre, I haven't been keeping vp lately with Intel
as I have been qvite happy with Athlon 2500XP-M

!