I want a GOOD jump in speed

I am running a barton core 2500+ at 3200+ and it runs cool and fast.
I would like to upgrade, I have been eyeing the MSI neo Plat. board with a
3200+ winchester core (90 nm) that people claim they can get to pretty high
speeds by over clocking.
Will this be a big jump in performance or just a small one.
Rest of system now is a radeon 9000 AIW (don't play games, just a flight sim
every now and again)
1 gig of DDR-400 ram
Maxtor 80 gig (w/8meg cache)
Maxtor 160 (8meg cache)
WD 200 gig (8 meg cache)
Liteon CD burner
Liteon DVD burner
Pioneer DVD drive
52X CD-Rom
Promise controller for all HD's
Onboard controller for all optical drives
4 case fans
2 power supply fans
Thermaltake CPU fan
400 Watt power supply (need to upgrade that to at least 500 watts I
think....)

---
More about good jump speed

    "Bitsbucket" <userofthenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    " Will this be a big jump in performance or just a small one... ...don't
    play games, just a flight sim every now and again. "

    Without knowing what you use the system for, it is difficult to state the
    performance increases.

    Basically the normal stuff,(surfing, email, documents, web editing) except I
    do some video stuff, movies and such. changing the formats, editing, that
    kind of thing, play a few flight sims, mostly what puts a load on it is the
    video rendering.
    I keep trying to find a reason to upgrade and so far I just can't seem to do
    it except just to have it :-)
    I do ALLOT of burning DVD's and CD's...
    That's about it.
    I keep hearing all the hoopla about the 64 bit athlons and with the new 90nm
    technology how cool they run and how they seem to overclock well....
    looking at a MSI neo Plat, and a 3000+ winchester core 90nm chip, with water
    cooling....figured I could get it to overclock pretty well.....just don't
    know....
    "Bitsbucket" <userofthenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I am running a barton core 2500+ at 3200+ and it runs cool and fast.
    > I would like to upgrade, I have been eyeing the MSI neo Plat. board with a
    > 3200+ winchester core (90 nm) that people claim they can get to pretty
    > high speeds by over clocking.
    > Will this be a big jump in performance or just a small one.
    > Rest of system now is a radeon 9000 AIW (don't play games, just a flight
    > sim every now and again)
    > 1 gig of DDR-400 ram
    > Maxtor 80 gig (w/8meg cache)
    > Maxtor 160 (8meg cache)
    > WD 200 gig (8 meg cache)
    > Liteon CD burner
    > Liteon DVD burner
    > Pioneer DVD drive
    > 52X CD-Rom
    > Promise controller for all HD's
    > Onboard controller for all optical drives
    > 4 case fans
    > 2 power supply fans
    > Thermaltake CPU fan
    > 400 Watt power supply (need to upgrade that to at least 500 watts I
    > think....)
    >

    > ---

    ---

    > Basically the normal stuff,(surfing, email, documents, web editing) except
    > I do some video stuff, movies and such. changing the formats, editing,
    > that kind of thing, play a few flight sims, mostly what puts a load on it
    > is the video rendering.
    > I keep trying to find a reason to upgrade and so far I just can't seem to
    > do it except just to have it :-)
    > I do ALLOT of burning DVD's and CD's...
    > That's about it.
    > I keep hearing all the hoopla about the 64 bit athlons and with the new
    > 90nm technology how cool they run and how they seem to overclock well....
    > looking at a MSI neo Plat, and a 3000+ winchester core 90nm chip, with
    > water cooling....figured I could get it to overclock pretty well.....just
    > don't know....

    For what you want to do with it, I'd say it would be a waste of money.

    I made the switch from a mobile XP running at 2.4GHz to an Athlon 64 X3200+
    which I am running as we speak at 2.4GHz. Can't tell the difference. Yes
    the new CPU is faster if I measure it. But can I notice it? No.

    The one caveat I would say is that I have tried Window XP 64-bit edition.
    Now with the A64, that *IS* fast. The whole OS really screams along. The
    trouble is, its full of bugs, loads of things don't work and its completely
    unusable for anything other than a mess around. Still, *one* day, when MS
    get their finger out, it will be something to look forward to. My guess is
    2006 however.

    Chip

    > "Bitsbucket" <userofthenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I am running a barton core 2500+ at 3200+ and it runs cool and fast.
    >> I would like to upgrade, I have been eyeing the MSI neo Plat. board with
    >> a 3200+ winchester core (90 nm) that people claim they can get to pretty
    >> high speeds by over clocking.
    >> Will this be a big jump in performance or just a small one.
    >> Rest of system now is a radeon 9000 AIW (don't play games, just a flight
    >> sim every now and again)
    >> 1 gig of DDR-400 ram
    >> Maxtor 80 gig (w/8meg cache)
    >> Maxtor 160 (8meg cache)
    >> WD 200 gig (8 meg cache)
    >> Liteon CD burner
    >> Liteon DVD burner
    >> Pioneer DVD drive
    >> 52X CD-Rom
    >> Promise controller for all HD's
    >> Onboard controller for all optical drives
    >> 4 case fans
    >> 2 power supply fans
    >> Thermaltake CPU fan
    >> 400 Watt power supply (need to upgrade that to at least 500 watts I
    >> think....)
    >>

    >> ---
    >>

    > ---

AMD Overclocking