Can't boot without both hard drives connected

no it's not the power connection I disconnected the new drive
completely, the sata cord was disconneted from the mother board and the
power cord disconnected from drive. windows still gets stuck in the boot
process, I'm thinking it's some sort of file that's missing.

--
vikingdude

Try entering BIOS before xp loads,install xp cd,set to boot to xp cd in
BIOS,exit BIOS,boot to cd,recovery,if SATA controller is used you might
need to press F6,in recovery,press enter for password,then type:CHKDSK C: /R
When its thru,12-18 min,type:EXIT Let xp start,remove cd.If this fails,at xp
cd info page select,install xp,repair this copy.