xp 1700 on M7vig mobo, how to overclock via multiplier?

jt

getting decent results by cranking up the fsb, but would like to test the
theory that mine may be unlocked, unfortunately my motherboard doesnt
support multiplier tweaking, just fsb.. any software oc tools that will work
with the km266 chipset?
tia,
JT

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 02:53:58 +0000, JT wrote:

> getting decent results by cranking up the fsb, but would like to test the
> theory that mine may be unlocked, unfortunately my motherboard doesnt
> support multiplier tweaking, just fsb.. any software oc tools that will work
> with the km266 chipset?

Don't know of any that will change multiplier, unless it's a mobile cpu.
Just look at the date code on the cpu label. If it's prior to 0338, it
should be unlocked. If it's later, it's about 99.9% sure to be locked.