Which XP-M for final Socket A upgrade?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

Currently I'm running an unlocked 2500 on an NF7-S v.2 at 3200+ speed at
1.825v. I'd like to try an XP-M 2400 or 2500 to try an squeeze a couple
hundred or so Mhz out of it. I'm using Hyperx PC3200 and an SLK900a
HS/92mm Panaflo combo. Which processor should I be looking at - the 35w or
45w? And is a 2400 the better way to go because of the lower multiplier?
Is there a particular part ID or date I should be looking for? I realize
this is a very small upgrade, but I thnk I can probably sell off the retail
2500 for nearly what the replacement processor will cost. I seem to keep
my stuff forever (even still running my IT5H/K6-233 as SMTP and FTP server,
and BP6/dual Celeron as a Terminal Server), and since there doesn't seem to
be another MS desktop OS coming for a few years, I don't really see the
need to go 64bit yet. Thanks for reading, any input is appreciated.

--
Peder (Please reply to group only, email invalid)

You're just wasting money. There's no performance difference between the the XP
and the mobile xp running at the same speed. It's doubtful whether you could
getmore that 3200+ out of a mobile 2400+ either.

>Currently I'm running an unlocked 2500 on an NF7-S v.2 at 3200+ speed at
>1.825v. I'd like to try an XP-M 2400 or 2500 to try an squeeze a couple
>hundred or so Mhz out of it

Xp 2500 or 2400 mobile would be fine, i have the same mobo.

Iam running my 2500 at 2.3 ghz at the momment, can go 2.5, but 2.4
becuase Raven Sheild has issues with the faster speed for some reason,
and thats the game iam playing online at the momment :)

iam getting this speed at 1.75 volts, prob lower but i want rock solid
stability.

Ive heard the 2400 is a much better overclocker, but depends on the
build time of the cpu i suppose like all others i got lucky with mine,
when winter comes round ill go 2.5ghz again, and maybe even with water
cooling 2.7 :p

Bye.

On 2 Dec 2004 15:06:02 GMT, Peder <x@x.com> wrote:

>Currently I'm running an unlocked 2500 on an NF7-S v.2 at 3200+ speed at
>1.825v. I'd like to try an XP-M 2400 or 2500 to try an squeeze a couple
>hundred or so Mhz out of it. I'm using Hyperx PC3200 and an SLK900a
>HS/92mm Panaflo combo. Which processor should I be looking at - the 35w or
>45w? And is a 2400 the better way to go because of the lower multiplier?
>Is there a particular part ID or date I should be looking for? I realize
>this is a very small upgrade, but I thnk I can probably sell off the retail
>2500 for nearly what the replacement processor will cost. I seem to keep
>my stuff forever (even still running my IT5H/K6-233 as SMTP and FTP server,
>and BP6/dual Celeron as a Terminal Server), and since there doesn't seem to
>be another MS desktop OS coming for a few years, I don't really see the
>need to go 64bit yet. Thanks for reading, any input is appreciated.

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Can any provide performance stats compared to other cpu's of an overclocked
XP-M at around 2.4ghz?

Dan

"The Other Guy." <2221@1.com> wrote in message

> Xp 2500 or 2400 mobile would be fine, i have the same mobo.
>
> Iam running my 2500 at 2.3 ghz at the momment, can go 2.5, but 2.4
> becuase Raven Sheild has issues with the faster speed for some reason,
> and thats the game iam playing online at the momment :)
>
> iam getting this speed at 1.75 volts, prob lower but i want rock solid
> stability.
>
> Ive heard the 2400 is a much better overclocker, but depends on the
> build time of the cpu i suppose like all others i got lucky with mine,
> when winter comes round ill go 2.5ghz again, and maybe even with water
> cooling 2.7 :p
>
> Bye.
>

> On 2 Dec 2004 15:06:02 GMT, Peder <x@x.com> wrote:
>
> >Currently I'm running an unlocked 2500 on an NF7-S v.2 at 3200+ speed at
> >1.825v. I'd like to try an XP-M 2400 or 2500 to try an squeeze a couple
> >hundred or so Mhz out of it. I'm using Hyperx PC3200 and an SLK900a
> >HS/92mm Panaflo combo. Which processor should I be looking at - the 35w
or
> >45w? And is a 2400 the better way to go because of the lower multiplier?
> >Is there a particular part ID or date I should be looking for? I realize
> >this is a very small upgrade, but I thnk I can probably sell off the
retail
> >2500 for nearly what the replacement processor will cost. I seem to keep
> >my stuff forever (even still running my IT5H/K6-233 as SMTP and FTP
server,
> >and BP6/dual Celeron as a Terminal Server), and since there doesn't seem
> >be another MS desktop OS coming for a few years, I don't really see the
> >need to go 64bit yet. Thanks for reading, any input is appreciated.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

I have a XP-M 2400 1.35V in a NF7-S v.2 it runs fine aircooled on 2600mhz at
1.75V. I have tried a 1.45V also but i belive the 1.35V is a little better.

I also has a AMD 64 3200 1mb L2 with 754 pins, the XP-M on 2600 mhz is a
little faster than this.

If the XP Mobile CPU is cheap this is a good and fast alternative to the
XP64 for now.

Vidar

Apollo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Dan" <d@d.com> wrote in message
> Can any provide performance stats compared to other cpu's of an
> overclocked
> XP-M at around 2.4ghz?

What sort of stats would you like? I'm running a mobile 2400 (35w) at
2.5GHz and I'd run a bench for you if you like, just say which one or
maybe two.

I have gone to 2.7GHz prime stable, but it was a touch too warm during
the summer, and required >2 volts. My 2.5GHz is stable at 1.75 volts,
but getting a stable overclock is about much more than just getting a
decent chip, you need;
A good quality PSU
A motherboard that gives plenty of adjustments and can cope with a high
FSB
Very good case air flow
Very good air cooling or good water cooling
Good quality matched memory, ideally capable of 220MHz minimum

Let me know if you want a bench running,

--
Ian

NO, but i can say a 2400 should do 2.4ghz easy.

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 19:26:15 -0000, "Dan" <d@d.com> wrote:

>Can any provide performance stats compared to other cpu's of an overclocked
>XP-M at around 2.4ghz?
>
>Dan
>
>"The Other Guy." <2221@1.com> wrote in message
>>

>> Xp 2500 or 2400 mobile would be fine, i have the same mobo.
>>
>> Iam running my 2500 at 2.3 ghz at the momment, can go 2.5, but 2.4
>> becuase Raven Sheild has issues with the faster speed for some reason,
>> and thats the game iam playing online at the momment :)
>>
>> iam getting this speed at 1.75 volts, prob lower but i want rock solid
>> stability.
>>
>> Ive heard the 2400 is a much better overclocker, but depends on the
>> build time of the cpu i suppose like all others i got lucky with mine,
>> when winter comes round ill go 2.5ghz again, and maybe even with water
>> cooling 2.7 :p
>>
>> Bye.
>>

>> On 2 Dec 2004 15:06:02 GMT, Peder <x@x.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Currently I'm running an unlocked 2500 on an NF7-S v.2 at 3200+ speed at
>> >1.825v. I'd like to try an XP-M 2400 or 2500 to try an squeeze a couple
>> >hundred or so Mhz out of it. I'm using Hyperx PC3200 and an SLK900a
>> >HS/92mm Panaflo combo. Which processor should I be looking at - the 35w
>or
>> >45w? And is a 2400 the better way to go because of the lower multiplier?
>> >Is there a particular part ID or date I should be looking for? I realize
>> >this is a very small upgrade, but I thnk I can probably sell off the
>retail
>> >2500 for nearly what the replacement processor will cost. I seem to keep
>> >my stuff forever (even still running my IT5H/K6-233 as SMTP and FTP
>server,
>> >and BP6/dual Celeron as a Terminal Server), and since there doesn't seem
>> >be another MS desktop OS coming for a few years, I don't really see the
>> >need to go 64bit yet. Thanks for reading, any input is appreciated.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

Not getting a 64bit cpu till dual core comes out and buy then 64bit
windows :). And maybe their will be some 64 bit software and or games
to take advantage of it.

> Not getting a 64bit cpu till dual core comes out and buy then 64bit
> windows :). And maybe their will be some 64 bit software and or games
> to take advantage of it.
>

> On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 06:32:33 +0100, "Vidar Hansen" <vhans3@online.no>
> wrote:
>
> >I have a XP-M 2400 1.35V in a NF7-S v.2 it runs fine aircooled on 2600mhz
at
> >1.75V. I have tried a 1.45V also but i belive the 1.35V is a little
better.

> >I also has a AMD 64 3200 1mb L2 with 754 pins, the XP-M on 2600 mhz is a
> >little faster than this.
> >
> >If the XP Mobile CPU is cheap this is a good and fast alternative to the
> >XP64 for now.
> >
> >Vidar

thx to every1 who posted replies on this, I think I know what I want to put
in the Asus A7N8X board, I've wanted to put it back together for some time
now.
I just didn't know what I wanted to put in it, CPU wise that is...

No_ONE_Here

Peder <x@x.com> wrote in news:Xns95B35C81ED0D0xxx@130.133.1.4:

> Currently I'm running an unlocked 2500 on an NF7-S v.2 at 3200+ speed
> at 1.825v. I'd like to try an XP-M 2400 or 2500 to try an squeeze a
> couple hundred or so Mhz out of it. I'm using Hyperx PC3200 and an
> SLK900a HS/92mm Panaflo combo. Which processor should I be looking at
> - the 35w or 45w? And is a 2400 the better way to go because of the
> lower multiplier? Is there a particular part ID or date I should be
> looking for? I realize this is a very small upgrade, but I thnk I can
> probably sell off the retail 2500 for nearly what the replacement
> processor will cost. I seem to keep my stuff forever (even still
> running my IT5H/K6-233 as SMTP and FTP server, and BP6/dual Celeron as
> a Terminal Server), and since there doesn't seem to be another MS
> desktop OS coming for a few years, I don't really see the need to go
> 64bit yet. Thanks for reading, any input is appreciated.

Thanks for all your replies. I think I've decided to go for it. Which XP-
M would be my best choice:

2200 35w @ $78.00 AXMD2200FJQ4C
2400 35w @ $99.00 AXMD2400FJQ4C
2400 45w @ $77.00 AXMH2400FQQ4C

Thanks again.

--
Peder (Please reply to group only, email invalid)

Iam doing 2.5ghz on my mobile 2500, so its faster than a 3200 :)

"Peder" <x@x.com> wrote
> Thanks for all your replies. I think I've decided to go for it. Which
> XP-
> M would be my best choice:
>
> 2200 35w @ $78.00 AXMD2200FJQ4C
> 2400 35w @ $99.00 AXMD2400FJQ4C
> 2400 45w @ $77.00 AXMH2400FQQ4C

I would personally go for the lower Wattage, lower Voltage, but more
expensive 2400+, that one is likely to clock higher than the other two
although I very much doubt it will go 29% faster = the extra cost.

I'm running 3x XP-M 2500+s, one at 2.45GHz 1.8Vcore, one at 2.5GHz 1.8Vcore
and one at 2.6GHz 1.8Vcore, plus one 35 Watt XP-M 2400+ at 2.5GHz 1.8Vcore -
all of them watercooled. They're all maxed out for crunching
climateprediction under BOINC at those speeds - I could push them somewhat
harder for gaming (one is 99.99% stable at 2.7GHz) but CP-boinc's big work
units aren't very forgiving of _any_ errors. (Machine specs via the URL in
my sig.)

+++

My next machine is going to be a dual - 2x 'Nocona' 3.0GHz Xeons on an Asus
NCCH-DR motherboard with 2x512MB of Corsair CAS 2.5 XMS4400 - I doubt the
motherboard will do 275MHz FSB, nor the Xeons hit 15x275 for 4.13GHz but
hopefully I'll get a good wodge of extra performance at a lot higher FSB
than spec' fully watercooled - GamePC reckons the Asus NCCH-DR & 'Nocona'
Xeons are both decent overclockers. :) Why Xeons instead of AMD Opterons or
A64s you might ask after looking at all my current machine's specs (all AMD
XPs) - checkout all the top computers at
http://climateapps2.oucs.ox.ac.uk/cpdnboinc/top_hosts.php ..! My 2.6GHz XP-M
(~3700+ equivalent ?) is down in circa 67th place - throughput from
Hyperthreading plus SSE2 sure pays off running Intel Compiler compiled
apps..! The premium for 3.6GHz Xeons over 3.0GHz or 'lowly' 2.8GHz Xeons is
absolutely huge - easily enough to cover the premium for fast memory and
watercooling gear to overclock the socks off 'em. :)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk is where they're coming from - Dual 3.0GHz
Xeons + Asus NCCH-DR motherboard + 1GB XMS4400 memory + Antec Tower case +
550W Antec 24pin server PSU + AIW 9800 Pro + 4x80GB SATA HDDs for quite a
lot less than I paid Dixons for my old Compaq Presario all-in-one machine
with Win 3.x, 420MB HDD & 66MHz AMD 486 DX2 back in 1995..! The cost of
high(ish)-end tech is quite reasonable these days 'ennit. :)

BTW: Can someone tell me if WinXP Pro will fully utilise two hyperthreading
CPUs properly (ie. 4x CPUs altogether.) or do I have to lash out for some
Winserver O/S (or learn Linux ;-) to use them to the full..?

Ciao...

[UK]_Nick...
--
Nick M V Salmon Master Mariner MN(Retd.)
Email: My four initials at dsl dot pipex dot com

"Nick M V Salmon" <spam@dump> wrote in message
> "Peder" <x@x.com> wrote
> > Thanks for all your replies. I think I've decided to go for it. Which
> > XP-
> > M would be my best choice:
> >
> > 2200 35w @ $78.00 AXMD2200FJQ4C
> > 2400 35w @ $99.00 AXMD2400FJQ4C
> > 2400 45w @ $77.00 AXMH2400FQQ4C
>
> I would personally go for the lower Wattage, lower Voltage, but more
> expensive 2400+, that one is likely to clock higher than the other two
> although I very much doubt it will go 29% faster = the extra cost.
>
> I'm running 3x XP-M 2500+s, one at 2.45GHz 1.8Vcore, one at 2.5GHz
1.8Vcore
> and one at 2.6GHz 1.8Vcore, plus one 35 Watt XP-M 2400+ at 2.5GHz
1.8Vcore -
> all of them watercooled. They're all maxed out for crunching
> climateprediction under BOINC at those speeds - I could push them somewhat
> harder for gaming (one is 99.99% stable at 2.7GHz) but CP-boinc's big work
> units aren't very forgiving of _any_ errors. (Machine specs via the URL in
> my sig.)
>
> +++
>
> My next machine is going to be a dual - 2x 'Nocona' 3.0GHz Xeons on an
Asus
> NCCH-DR motherboard with 2x512MB of Corsair CAS 2.5 XMS4400 - I doubt the
> motherboard will do 275MHz FSB, nor the Xeons hit 15x275 for 4.13GHz but
> hopefully I'll get a good wodge of extra performance at a lot higher FSB
> than spec' fully watercooled - GamePC reckons the Asus NCCH-DR & 'Nocona'
> Xeons are both decent overclockers. :) Why Xeons instead of AMD Opterons
or
> A64s you might ask after looking at all my current machine's specs (all
AMD
> XPs) - checkout all the top computers at
> http://climateapps2.oucs.ox.ac.uk/cpdnboinc/top_hosts.php ..! My 2.6GHz
XP-M
> (~3700+ equivalent ?) is down in circa 67th place - throughput from
> Hyperthreading plus SSE2 sure pays off running Intel Compiler compiled
> apps..! The premium for 3.6GHz Xeons over 3.0GHz or 'lowly' 2.8GHz Xeons
is
> absolutely huge - easily enough to cover the premium for fast memory and

> watercooling gear to overclock the socks off 'em. :)
>
> http://www.overclockers.co.uk is where they're coming from - Dual 3.0GHz
> Xeons + Asus NCCH-DR motherboard + 1GB XMS4400 memory + Antec Tower case +
> 550W Antec 24pin server PSU + AIW 9800 Pro + 4x80GB SATA HDDs for quite a
> lot less than I paid Dixons for my old Compaq Presario all-in-one machine
> with Win 3.x, 420MB HDD & 66MHz AMD 486 DX2 back in 1995..! The cost of
> high(ish)-end tech is quite reasonable these days 'ennit. :)
>
> BTW: Can someone tell me if WinXP Pro will fully utilise two
hyperthreading
> CPUs properly (ie. 4x CPUs altogether.) or do I have to lash out for some
> Winserver O/S (or learn Linux ;-) to use them to the full..?
Huh????
Win Xp home & Pro can run with up to 8 CPU's (I think home can do it any
way)
And a dual system should be just fine.
This means that you can use WinXP Pro with a 4 CPU & Hyperthreading board.
I was thinking about getting one, I only need two more cpu's for it..
533 Bus only, but 2.66 GHz don't cost what they used too.
You can also use Win2000 Pro, but you had better either have a new copy,
or update the one you have, unless it don't bother you much that it tells
you that your running
something like 36-38GHz
The copy I have will do that till I update it.
Anywho, good luck...
BTW, AMD's r really nice, if I were you, I would go AMD rather then Intel...

> Ciao...
>
> [UK]_Nick...
> --
> Nick M V Salmon Master Mariner MN(Retd.)
> Email: My four initials at dsl dot pipex dot com
> http://www.nmvs.dsl.pipex.com/index.htm

Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

Nick M V Salmon wrote:
> BTW: Can someone tell me if WinXP Pro will fully utilise two
> hyperthreading CPUs properly (ie. 4x CPUs altogether.) or do I have
> to lash out for some Winserver O/S (or learn Linux ;-) to use them to
> the full..?

Windows doesnt count hyperthreading in this calculation, so you're fine with
the two real CPU's you have.

Thomas

Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

No_ONE_Here wrote:
<snip snip snip>
Blaaadiblaaa...

XP Pro just supports 1 or 2 processors, be it hyperthreaded or not.

http://www.clas.uiowa.edu/it/brownbag/windows_xp_handout.doc
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/evaluation/features.mspx

"Scalable memory and processor supportSupports up to 4 gigabytes (GB) of RAM
and up to two symmetric multiprocessors."

pff...

Thomas

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

"No_ONE_Here" <AnyOne@AnyWhere.com> wrote in
>> Four hyperthreaded processors equals eight logical processors.
> Ah, first. Don't you mean Four logical processors?
> And two.. <<I do think XP Pro can handle 2 CPU's, no matter whether
> they're multi>>
> <<threaded or not. At least, the seller of my copy
> told me
> so :)>>
> If this is true, then WinXp Pro can handle 8 CPU's with HTT and it
> will have eight
> logical processors, or 16 Total with HTT, unless 8 is still the max,
> even
> without 16
> true CPU's.
> Anywho..
> If I'm wrong, just tell me.. TY

From http://www.2cpu.com/Hardware/ht_analysis/hyperthreading.doc

Windows Version Maximum Physical Processor Maximum Logical Processor
WindowsXP Home Edition 1 2
WindowsXP Professional 2 4
Windows.NET Standard Server 4 8
Windows.NET Enterprise Server 8 16
Windows.NET Datacenter Server 32 32

--

"Peder" <x@x.com> wrote in message news:Xns95C55196DDDC8xxx@130.133.1.4...
> "No_ONE_Here" <AnyOne@AnyWhere.com> wrote in
> >> Four hyperthreaded processors equals eight logical processors.
> > Ah, first. Don't you mean Four logical processors?
> > And two.. <<I do think XP Pro can handle 2 CPU's, no matter whether
> > they're multi>>
> > <<threaded or not. At least, the seller of my copy
> > told me
> > so :)>>
> > If this is true, then WinXp Pro can handle 8 CPU's with HTT and it
> > will have eight
> > logical processors, or 16 Total with HTT, unless 8 is still the max,
> > even
> > without 16
> > true CPU's.
> > Anywho..
> > If I'm wrong, just tell me.. TY
>
> From http://www.2cpu.com/Hardware/ht_analysis/hyperthreading.doc
>
> Windows Version Maximum Physical Processor Maximum Logical Processor
> WindowsXP Home Edition 1 2
> WindowsXP Professional 2 4
> Windows.NET Standard Server 4 8
> Windows.NET Enterprise Server 8 16
> Windows.NET Datacenter Server 32 32
How about WinXp Pro Corp?
And
Win 2000 Pro??
Xp pro would do nice then on my PC-DL Deluxe then.
Nice board, a little old with a (533 MHz Bus) 133.25 MHz FSB
Bios looks @ it as 133, but it's 133.25 x 4 = 533
This system is @ 153 FSB & Bus Speed is 306.
I'm not sure I'm stable, but that I think is my ram, I need to change
the timings, but not sure how on this board.
Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 Rev. 2
Didn't get anything with the board, so I'll have to read it on giga-byte.com
to find out how to change it....
TY much all, I was still not sure
but I thought I had read it on Cheat Sheets.
I don't mind being wrong, I like to learn things, so it never makes me
mad when I am wrong.

Denny. ;-)

> --
> Peder (Please reply to group only, email invalid)

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

Peder <x@x.com> wrote in news:Xns95B35C81ED0D0xxx@130.133.1.4:

> Currently I'm running an unlocked 2500 on an NF7-S v.2 at 3200+ speed
> at 1.825v. I'd like to try an XP-M 2400 or 2500 to try an squeeze a
> couple hundred or so Mhz out of it. I'm using Hyperx PC3200 and an
> SLK900a HS/92mm Panaflo combo. Which processor should I be looking at
> - the 35w or 45w? And is a 2400 the better way to go because of the
> lower multiplier? Is there a particular part ID or date I should be
> looking for? I realize this is a very small upgrade, but I thnk I can
> probably sell off the retail 2500 for nearly what the replacement
> processor will cost. I seem to keep my stuff forever (even still
> running my IT5H/K6-233 as SMTP and FTP server, and BP6/dual Celeron as
> a Terminal Server), and since there doesn't seem to be another MS
> desktop OS coming for a few years, I don't really see the need to go
> 64bit yet. Thanks for reading, any input is appreciated.

As follow-up: I bought an XP-M 2400+ 35W, now happily running Prime95
stable at 2.5GHz on air at 1.7V, 38°C.

--
Peder (Please reply to group only, email invalid)

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

> As follow-up: I bought an XP-M 2400+ 35W, now happily running Prime95
> stable at 2.5GHz on air at 1.7V, 38°C.

Very cool. What kind of cooler are you using?

steve

Peder wrote:
> Peder <x@x.com> wrote in news:Xns95B35C81ED0D0xxx@130.133.1.4:
>

>>Currently I'm running an unlocked 2500 on an NF7-S v.2 at 3200+ speed
>>at 1.825v. I'd like to try an XP-M 2400 or 2500 to try an squeeze a
>>couple hundred or so Mhz out of it. I'm using Hyperx PC3200 and an
>>SLK900a HS/92mm Panaflo combo. Which processor should I be looking at
>>- the 35w or 45w? And is a 2400 the better way to go because of the
>>lower multiplier? Is there a particular part ID or date I should be
>>looking for? I realize this is a very small upgrade, but I thnk I can
>>probably sell off the retail 2500 for nearly what the replacement
>>processor will cost. I seem to keep my stuff forever (even still
>>running my IT5H/K6-233 as SMTP and FTP server, and BP6/dual Celeron as
>>a Terminal Server), and since there doesn't seem to be another MS
>>desktop OS coming for a few years, I don't really see the need to go
>>64bit yet. Thanks for reading, any input is appreciated.
>>

> As follow-up: I bought an XP-M 2400+ 35W, now happily running Prime95
> stable at 2.5GHz on air at 1.7V, 38°C.

Pretty sweet...

"Steve Wolfe" <unt@codon.com> wrote in news:33bersF3qtl5kU1@individual.net:

>> As follow-up: I bought an XP-M 2400+ 35W, now happily running Prime95
>> stable at 2.5GHz on air at 1.7V, 38°C.
>
> Very cool. What kind of cooler are you using?
>
> steve

Thermalright SLK900A with a 2500 rpm 92mm Panaflo

--
Peder (Please reply to group only, email invalid)

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

"Peder" <x@x.com> wrote in message news:Xns95CD570B29720xxx@130.133.1.4...
> "Steve Wolfe" <unt@codon.com> wrote in
>
>>> As follow-up: I bought an XP-M 2400+ 35W, now happily running Prime95
>>> stable at 2.5GHz on air at 1.7V, 38°C.
>>
>> Very cool. What kind of cooler are you using?
>>
>> steve
>>

> Thermalright SLK900A with a 2500 rpm 92mm Panaflo

Is there anyone still selling XP-M in the Brisbane area, if so, who?

Thanks in advance

Dave