Cursor is moving to left bottom of screen and disappearing

My cursor moves to left bottom of screen without even operating the mouse.

I have a laptop dell 8200. The touch pad stops fuctioning and I use my
external mouse to bring it to center but it again moves rapidly to the end.

Is it a virus ?
Is there a problem with hardware ??
Problem with touch pad ?
4 answers Last reply
More about cursor moving left bottom screen disappearing

    Looks like a driver conflict between the tochpad and the mouse. Have you
    updated drivers recently?

    "emaverick" wrote:

    > My cursor moves to left bottom of screen without even operating the mouse.
    >
    > I have a laptop dell 8200. The touch pad stops fuctioning and I use my
    > external mouse to bring it to center but it again moves rapidly to the end.
    >
    > Is it a virus ?
    > Is there a problem with hardware ??
    > Problem with touch pad ?

    Try Unchecking "Enhance pointer precision" in Mouse Properties.

    emaverick wrote:

    > My cursor moves to left bottom of screen without even operating the mouse.
    >
    > I have a laptop dell 8200. The touch pad stops fuctioning and I use my
    > external mouse to bring it to center but it again moves rapidly to the end.
    >
    > Is it a virus ?
    > Is there a problem with hardware ??
    > Problem with touch pad ?

    I had a similar issue with Dell Inspirion 8200. The issue you are
    having is related to a defective video adapter. Contact Dell support
    and ask them to replace the video adapter, even if your unit
    is out of warranty. This is a known Dell issue. During the
    manufacturing process, some Dell Inspiron notebooks
    were assembled without a required thermal shield for the
    video adapter. This is a manufacturing defect for which
    Dell is 100% responsible for correcting!

    Welcome to Dell Support
    http://support.dell.com/home.aspx

    Welcome to Dell Community Forums
    http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "emaverick" wrote:

    | My cursor moves to left bottom of screen without even operating the mouse.
    |
    | I have a laptop dell 8200. The touch pad stops fuctioning and I use my
    | external mouse to bring it to center but it again moves rapidly to the end.
    |
    | Is it a virus ?
    | Is there a problem with hardware ??
    | Problem with touch pad ?

    Thanks all..

    I went to dell forums and found an idea which disabled my touchpad....As it
    is..I never used it...always used my wireless mouse...

    I have been having Dell for around 5years and this is my first problem.

    really appreciate your help.

    warm regards

    "jerryrock" wrote:

    > Looks like a driver conflict between the tochpad and the mouse. Have you
    > updated drivers recently?
    >
    > "emaverick" wrote:
    >
    > > My cursor moves to left bottom of screen without even operating the mouse.
    > >
    > > I have a laptop dell 8200. The touch pad stops fuctioning and I use my
    > > external mouse to bring it to center but it again moves rapidly to the end.
    > >
    > > Is it a virus ?
    > > Is there a problem with hardware ??
    > > Problem with touch pad ?

Cursor Hardware Touch Pad Windows XP