Cursor is moving to left bottom of screen and disappearing

September 9, 2005 2:23:03 PM

My cursor moves to left bottom of screen without even operating the mouse.

I have a laptop dell 8200. The touch pad stops fuctioning and I use my
external mouse to bring it to center but it again moves rapidly to the end.

Is it a virus ?
Is there a problem with hardware ??
Problem with touch pad ?
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 3:02:03 PM

Looks like a driver conflict between the tochpad and the mouse. Have you
updated drivers recently?

"emaverick" wrote:

> My cursor moves to left bottom of screen without even operating the mouse.
>
> I have a laptop dell 8200. The touch pad stops fuctioning and I use my
> external mouse to bring it to center but it again moves rapidly to the end.
>
> Is it a virus ?
> Is there a problem with hardware ??
> Problem with touch pad ?
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 4:53:29 PM

Try Unchecking "Enhance pointer precision" in Mouse Properties.

emaverick wrote:

> My cursor moves to left bottom of screen without even operating the mouse.
>
> I have a laptop dell 8200. The touch pad stops fuctioning and I use my
> external mouse to bring it to center but it again moves rapidly to the end.
>
> Is it a virus ?
> Is there a problem with hardware ??
> Problem with touch pad ?
September 9, 2005 4:57:50 PM

I had a similar issue with Dell Inspirion 8200. The issue you are
having is related to a defective video adapter. Contact Dell support
and ask them to replace the video adapter, even if your unit
is out of warranty. This is a known Dell issue. During the
manufacturing process, some Dell Inspiron notebooks
were assembled without a required thermal shield for the
video adapter. This is a manufacturing defect for which
Dell is 100% responsible for correcting!

Welcome to Dell Support
http://support.dell.com/home.aspx

Welcome to Dell Community Forums
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"emaverick" wrote:

| My cursor moves to left bottom of screen without even operating the mouse.
|
| I have a laptop dell 8200. The touch pad stops fuctioning and I use my
| external mouse to bring it to center but it again moves rapidly to the end.
|
| Is it a virus ?
| Is there a problem with hardware ??
| Problem with touch pad ?
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 1:43:02 AM

Thanks all..

I went to dell forums and found an idea which disabled my touchpad....As it
is..I never used it...always used my wireless mouse...

I have been having Dell for around 5years and this is my first problem.

really appreciate your help.

warm regards

!