Help! Shift 2 is @, shift ' is " - how can I change it back?

have just bought a new PC and these keys are the wrong way round. Do I need
to return the keyboard, or is there a simple way I can correct this error?

Shift 2 is supposed to be @

"Tray1" <Tray1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> have just bought a new PC and these keys are the wrong way round. Do I
> need
> to return the keyboard, or is there a simple way I can correct this error?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:22F9CAD3-2A23-4B2B-8DE4-49C370C6B1E4@microsoft.com,
Tray1 <Tray1@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> have just bought a new PC and these keys are the wrong way round. Do
> I need to return the keyboard, or is there a simple way I can correct
> this error?

From what you did describe - you have a properly loaded keyboard for the US
Enlish keyboard layout?

Guessing that you don't want US Keyboard? Looking for the UK layout?

Start
Run
Type "control international" without the quotes
Languages tab
Details button
Add the keyboard layout of your choice
Set it as default
Remove the one you do not want

That *should* be what you're after?

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

Go into the Control Panel and click on Regional and Language Settings. Make
sure that you, the PC and the Keyboard are all located in the same country.

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging