Pocket Outlook won't send POP3 mail

July 27, 2004 1:51:53 PM

I have a new iPaq 4155 and set it up to use my POP3 account. All the
settings are correct and can receive email fine. I am unable however to send
email and receive a message saying:

The message(s) could not be sent. Check that you have network coverage and
that your account information is correct. Then try sending again.

My mail provider says it's bug with Pocket Outlook and suggest I purchase
another app.

Any ideas?

thanks,

CM
Anonymous
July 27, 2004 4:56:12 PM

Does your ISP require you to provide a different username and
password for the SMTP server? (in other words for sending mail)

~S.

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

CM wrote:
> My mail provider says it's bug with Pocket Outlook and suggest I
> purchase another app.

Does the server require you to log-in before you can send an e-mail, i.e.
what will happen if you first check for incoming mails, and send the new
mail out immediately after that?

--
When I said "we", officer, I was referring to myself, the four young
ladies, and, of course, the goat.

POP3 is for receiving email. SMTP is for sending. Check if your provider's
SMTP gateway requires authentication (most do these days). If so, check the
authentication box in the Pocket Inbox setup.
--
Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info

"CM" <cmartin@nospam-contiki.com> wrote in message
> I have a new iPaq 4155 and set it up to use my POP3 account. All the
> settings are correct and can receive email fine. I am unable however to
send
> email and receive a message saying:
>
> The message(s) could not be sent. Check that you have network coverage and
> that your account information is correct. Then try sending again.
>
> My mail provider says it's bug with Pocket Outlook and suggest I purchase
> another app.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thanks,
>
> CM

Anonymous
July 29, 2004 7:00:16 PM

My provider (mail.com) again confirmed that it's a bug with Pocket Outlook,
indicating that they've gotten no where with MS on the issue.

Authentication is checked.

"Todd Ogasawara, MVP Mobile Devices" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote in
message news:%23P4bcyHdEHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> POP3 is for receiving email. SMTP is for sending. Check if your provider's
> SMTP gateway requires authentication (most do these days). If so, check
the
> authentication box in the Pocket Inbox setup.
> --
> Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
> Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info
> http://www.OgasaWalrus.com/MobileDot/ - Brief News & Comments
>
> "CM" <cmartin@nospam-contiki.com> wrote in message
> > I have a new iPaq 4155 and set it up to use my POP3 account. All the
> > settings are correct and can receive email fine. I am unable however to
> send
> > email and receive a message saying:
> >
> > The message(s) could not be sent. Check that you have network coverage
and
> > that your account information is correct. Then try sending again.
> >
> > My mail provider says it's bug with Pocket Outlook and suggest I
purchase
> > another app.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > CM

Anonymous
July 30, 2004 3:19:27 AM

I'm having the same problem with EarthLink. I have asked them about it, but
not received an answer yet. I tried just connecting, and then sending after
the connection was made, but it didn't work.

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

> My provider (mail.com) again confirmed that it's a bug with Pocket
Outlook,
> indicating that they've gotten no where with MS on the issue.
>
> Authentication is checked.
>

> "Todd Ogasawara, MVP Mobile Devices" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote in
> message news:%23P4bcyHdEHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > POP3 is for receiving email. SMTP is for sending. Check if your
provider's
> > SMTP gateway requires authentication (most do these days). If so, check
> the
> > authentication box in the Pocket Inbox setup.
> > --
> > Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
> > Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info
> > http://www.OgasaWalrus.com/MobileDot/ - Brief News & Comments
> >
> > "CM" <cmartin@nospam-contiki.com> wrote in message
> > > I have a new iPaq 4155 and set it up to use my POP3 account. All the
> > > settings are correct and can receive email fine. I am unable however
> > send
> > > email and receive a message saying:
> > >
> > > The message(s) could not be sent. Check that you have network coverage
> and
> > > that your account information is correct. Then try sending again.
> > >
> > > My mail provider says it's bug with Pocket Outlook and suggest I
> purchase
> > > another app.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> > >
> > > thanks,
> > >
> > > CM

July 30, 2004 2:08:10 PM

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:00:16 -0700, "CM" <cmartin@nospam-contiki.com>
wrote:

I struggled with this for a long time and was alos told it was a
problem with Pocket outlook but this solution works.

Two things must be in place for Insight to send outgoing mail.
1. your user name on the second screen of the e-mail setup must be
your e-mail address. I know in Outlook it only needs that which comes
before the @ sign but for some reason PPC needs it all. So change your
user name to cmarin@nospam-contiki.com (I assume without the no-spam)

2. on the fourth setup screen tap on options and make sure you have a
checkmark in the "Outgoing e-mail server requires authentication" box
on the third of four option screens.

Have a Blessed Day

RevJonG

>My provider (mail.com) again confirmed that it's a bug with Pocket Outlook,
>indicating that they've gotten no where with MS on the issue.
>
>Authentication is checked.
>

>"Todd Ogasawara, MVP Mobile Devices" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote in
>message news:%23P4bcyHdEHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> POP3 is for receiving email. SMTP is for sending. Check if your provider's
>> SMTP gateway requires authentication (most do these days). If so, check
>the
>> authentication box in the Pocket Inbox setup.
>> --
>> Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
>> Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info
>> http://www.OgasaWalrus.com/MobileDot/ - Brief News & Comments
>>
>> "CM" <cmartin@nospam-contiki.com> wrote in message
>> > I have a new iPaq 4155 and set it up to use my POP3 account. All the
>> > settings are correct and can receive email fine. I am unable however to
>> send
>> > email and receive a message saying:
>> >
>> > The message(s) could not be sent. Check that you have network coverage
>and
>> > that your account information is correct. Then try sending again.
>> >
>> > My mail provider says it's bug with Pocket Outlook and suggest I
>purchase
>> > another app.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>> >
>> > thanks,
>> >
>> > CM

July 30, 2004 6:58:45 PM

I tried both of those options and it still didn't work for me :(

!