Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Cannot load software for HP scanjet 4670

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 10:20:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I keep getting error messages when I try to install software for my HP 4670
scanjet from the manufacturer CD. The first error message reads: "reg debug
failed to set scsi found status". The second error only occurs when I attempt
to Install the device with drivers that were downloaded (not directly
intalled) from the HP website, reads as follows: " error 1606: could not
access network location \digital imaging". This scanner has installed
properly on previous occasion prior to SP2 upgrade. I have attempted the
install with anti-virus and firewall disabled, but to no avail.
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 3:04:29 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Is the scanner already attached to the PC?

How does it connect to the PC? SCSI? LPT? USB?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging



"Martin Carmack" <MartinCarmack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E9E4E598-38F6-4FE9-A215-804E53A8C065@microsoft.com...
>I keep getting error messages when I try to install software for my HP 4670
> scanjet from the manufacturer CD. The first error message reads: "reg
> debug
> failed to set scsi found status". The second error only occurs when I
> attempt
> to Install the device with drivers that were downloaded (not directly
> intalled) from the HP website, reads as follows: " error 1606: could not
> access network location \digital imaging". This scanner has installed
> properly on previous occasion prior to SP2 upgrade. I have attempted the
> install with anti-virus and firewall disabled, but to no avail.
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 10:55:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

It is connected via USB, and I have it already attached. The device manager
is detecting it.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Is the scanner already attached to the PC?
>
> How does it connect to the PC? SCSI? LPT? USB?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>
>
>
> "Martin Carmack" <MartinCarmack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:E9E4E598-38F6-4FE9-A215-804E53A8C065@microsoft.com...
> >I keep getting error messages when I try to install software for my HP 4670
> > scanjet from the manufacturer CD. The first error message reads: "reg
> > debug
> > failed to set scsi found status". The second error only occurs when I
> > attempt
> > to Install the device with drivers that were downloaded (not directly
> > intalled) from the HP website, reads as follows: " error 1606: could not
> > access network location \digital imaging". This scanner has installed
> > properly on previous occasion prior to SP2 upgrade. I have attempted the
> > install with anti-virus and firewall disabled, but to no avail.
>
>
>
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 2:39:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

With a USB device, the software must be installed BEFORE the device is
connected. Uninsall the software and then uninstall (and disconnect) the
device. Reboot the PC. Ensure it is no longer present in Device Manager.

Then install the software.. it will tell you when to connect the scanner to
the PC.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging



"Martin Carmack" <MartinCarmack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2CF61D10-E1F7-4948-9668-18BA5BAF276D@microsoft.com...
> It is connected via USB, and I have it already attached. The device
> manager
> is detecting it.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Is the scanner already attached to the PC?
>>
>> How does it connect to the PC? SCSI? LPT? USB?
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> Printing & Imaging
>>
>>
>>
>> "Martin Carmack" <MartinCarmack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> news:E9E4E598-38F6-4FE9-A215-804E53A8C065@microsoft.com...
>> >I keep getting error messages when I try to install software for my HP
>> >4670
>> > scanjet from the manufacturer CD. The first error message reads: "reg
>> > debug
>> > failed to set scsi found status". The second error only occurs when I
>> > attempt
>> > to Install the device with drivers that were downloaded (not directly
>> > intalled) from the HP website, reads as follows: " error 1606: could
>> > not
>> > access network location \digital imaging". This scanner has installed
>> > properly on previous occasion prior to SP2 upgrade. I have attempted
>> > the
>> > install with anti-virus and firewall disabled, but to no avail.
>>
>>
>>
!