my LG DVD stop reading DVD Roms!!!

Hi,

My DVD don't recognize DVD Roms, but only CD Roms.
its an LG 8163 dvd.

when I try to read any DVD rom, the system say "no dvd in disk E"

its not a new PC, and I allready have read DVD roms with this DVD.

any idea?

thanks.

Jerome.
3 answers Last reply
More about stop reading roms

    Jéjé wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > My DVD don't recognize DVD Roms, but only CD Roms.
    > its an LG 8163 dvd.
    >
    > when I try to read any DVD rom, the system say "no dvd in disk E"
    >
    > its not a new PC, and I allready have read DVD roms with this DVD.

    The combo drives use two lasers to read CDs and DVDs. It appears that
    the laser for the DVD function has died. You can try cleaning it with
    one of those optical drive cleaning products (sorry, have never used
    one), but it might be simpler to just replace the drive. A CD/DVD-ROM
    drive is very inexpensive.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    As Malke posted, the DVD laser has probably died. If you decide to replace
    the drive, seriously consider a DVD burner drive. The benefits are
    enormous, even if you don't burn DVDs, the larger size of the backups you
    can make is worth every penny.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Jéjé" <willgart@BBBhotmailAAA.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > My DVD don't recognize DVD Roms, but only CD Roms.
    > its an LG 8163 dvd.
    >
    > when I try to read any DVD rom, the system say "no dvd in disk E"
    >
    > its not a new PC, and I allready have read DVD roms with this DVD.
    >
    > any idea?
    >
    > thanks.
    >
    > Jerome.

    thanks for your help.

    I'll change it.

    > As Malke posted, the DVD laser has probably died. If you decide to
    > replace the drive, seriously consider a DVD burner drive. The benefits
    > are enormous, even if you don't burn DVDs, the larger size of the backups
    > you can make is worth every penny.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "Jéjé" <willgart@BBBhotmailAAA.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> My DVD don't recognize DVD Roms, but only CD Roms.
    >> its an LG 8163 dvd.
    >>
    >> when I try to read any DVD rom, the system say "no dvd in disk E"
    >>
    >> its not a new PC, and I allready have read DVD roms with this DVD.
    >>
    >> any idea?
    >>
    >> thanks.
    >>
    >> Jerome.

DVD LG Windows XP