my LG DVD stop reading DVD Roms!!!

jeje

Hi,

My DVD don't recognize DVD Roms, but only CD Roms.
its an LG 8163 dvd.

when I try to read any DVD rom, the system say "no dvd in disk E"

its not a new PC, and I allready have read DVD roms with this DVD.

any idea?

thanks.

Jerome.

Malke

Jéjé wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My DVD don't recognize DVD Roms, but only CD Roms.
> its an LG 8163 dvd.
>
> when I try to read any DVD rom, the system say "no dvd in disk E"
>
> its not a new PC, and I allready have read DVD roms with this DVD.

The combo drives use two lasers to read CDs and DVDs. It appears that
the laser for the DVD function has died. You can try cleaning it with
one of those optical drive cleaning products (sorry, have never used
one), but it might be simpler to just replace the drive. A CD/DVD-ROM
drive is very inexpensive.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

As Malke posted, the DVD laser has probably died. If you decide to replace
the drive, seriously consider a DVD burner drive. The benefits are
enormous, even if you don't burn DVDs, the larger size of the backups you
can make is worth every penny.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Jéjé" <willgart@BBBhotmailAAA.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My DVD don't recognize DVD Roms, but only CD Roms.
> its an LG 8163 dvd.
>
> when I try to read any DVD rom, the system say "no dvd in disk E"
>
> its not a new PC, and I allready have read DVD roms with this DVD.
>
> any idea?
>
> thanks.
>
> Jerome.

jeje