1.75 vcore safe?

Running at 1.725 now, will upping it to 1.75 cost me anything in terms of
shortening the lifespan of the CPU?

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 23:53:13 -0500, Jack Spungo wrote:

> Running at 1.725 now, will upping it to 1.75 cost me anything in terms of
> shortening the lifespan of the CPU?

Not enough to worrry about. Just watch the temps.

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

"Jack Spungo" <Spungo@Spungo.com> wrote in message
> Running at 1.725 now, will upping it to 1.75 cost me anything in terms of
> shortening the lifespan of the CPU?

What's the CPU?????

Its OK for most, but its quite (very?) high for 90nm Athlon 64's.

Chip

"Wes Newell" wrote
> Not enough to worrry about. Just watch the temps.

Cheers Wes, my vcore is 1.725 at present and I was wondering the same thing.

[OT] I recently installed cpuidle and a Cooler Master Aero 7 + and my temps
have dropped to 34/38 at idle.

"Jack Spungo" wrote
> Running at 1.725 now, will upping it to 1.75 cost me anything in terms of
> shortening the lifespan of the CPU?

Hi,

Lol I just got a 2nd hand ATHLON of eBay and that runs at 1.75vCore default,
yup its a Palomino!

works good though! Stuck a Thermalright ALX-800 on it with a silent Akasa
80mm fan, good stuyff!

Wayne ][

It' an Athlon XP 2600+ Barton running at 2.2 GHz (up from 1.9GHz)

"Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net> wrote in message

> "Jack Spungo" <Spungo@Spungo.com> wrote in message
>> Running at 1.725 now, will upping it to 1.75 cost me anything in terms of
>> shortening the lifespan of the CPU?
>
> What's the CPU?????
>
> Its OK for most, but its quite (very?) high for 90nm Athlon 64's.
>
> Chip

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

> It' an Athlon XP 2600+ Barton running at 2.2 GHz (up from 1.9GHz)

I've been running a 1700+ at 2.4ghz @ 1.9v for a year now. I suspect
major longevity factors include the quality of the motherboard power
regulation circuitry, as well as that of the psu, to prevent power spikes
into the cpu, rather than simply the running temperature.

rms

"rms" wrote
> I've been running a 1700+ at 2.4ghz @ 1.9v for a year now.

Hi, rms,

can I ask what type of CPu you have, as I just picked up a 1700+ but its an
older *Palomino* type (AX1700DMT3C).

What stepping is yours?

Wayne ][

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

"Wayne Youngman" <waynes.spamtrap@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

> "rms" wrote
>> I've been running a 1700+ at 2.4ghz @ 1.9v for a year now.
>

> Hi, rms,
>
> can I ask what type of CPu you have, as I just picked up a 1700+ but its
> an older *Palomino* type (AX1700DMT3C).
>
> What stepping is yours?
>
> Wayne ][

Wayne, I don't mean to ruin your day, but I hope you didn't pay too much for
that CPU. The Palominos were terrible overclockers and I don't think you'll
get much more than an extra 100MHz out of it.

Chip

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

> can I ask what type of CPu you have, as I just picked up a 1700+ but its
> an older *Palomino* type (AX1700DMT3C).

AXDA1700DLT3C
JIUHB0310WPMW

I really have an urge to get a mobilebarton 2600+ to experiment with.
Anyone want my 1700+ for $40? Runs equally well at 10.5x230fsb@1.9v
or 5x100@1.175v for underclocking!!

rms

"Chip" wrote

> Wayne, I don't mean to ruin your day, but I hope you didn't pay too much
> for that CPU. The Palominos were terrible overclockers and I don't think
> you'll get much more than an extra 100MHz out of it.

Hi Chip,

hehe thats funny, your not *ruining* my day, I just bought a load of 2nd
hand AMD kit to play about with. I now have seven computers!!

Just wanted to cover an area which I missed out on, as I already built
several ATHLON machines with Bartons, and my personal rigs are a couple of
P4 Northwoods (2.6Ghz @ 3GHz - 2.8GHz @ 3.5GHz).

If some of these chips give me a little more MHz than great, but I think
they will be just fine running at stock. Just been testing the slowest one
first. . .and its no slouch!!!

AX1700DMT3C
M: 1.75v
T: 90°C
C: 266MHz-FSB

AXDA1800DUT3C
U: 1.6v
T: 90c
C: 266MHz-FSB

AX2000DMT3C
M: 1.75v
T: 90°C
C: 266MHz-FSB

AXDA2200DKV3C
K: 1.65V
V: 85°C
C: 266MHz-FSB

I still didn't set-up a decent test bed to experiment with these things, atm
using an old Leadtek nForce 415-D mobo, will probably pick up a little old
ABIT NF7 so I can push a higher FSB through them. . . .

Wayne ][

"rms" wrote

> AXDA1700DLT3C
> JIUHB0310WPMW

So that would be a *low* end T-Bred running 1.5vCore with a 266Mhz default
FSB

I don't think I seen an *L* voltage T-Bred yet?

Wayne ][

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 13:26:04 +0000, Wayne Youngman wrote:

> AXDA1800DUT3C
> U: 1.6v
> T: 90c
> C: 266MHz-FSB
>
> I still didn't set-up a decent test bed to experiment with these things,
> atm using an old Leadtek nForce 415-D mobo, will probably pick up a
> little old ABIT NF7 so I can push a higher FSB through them. . . .

You may already know this, but this ones probably a Tbred B core and will
be the fastest of the bunch.

"Wes Newell" wrote
>> AXDA1800DUT3C
>> U: 1.6v
>> T: 90c
>> C: 266MHz-FSB
> You may already know this, but this ones probably a Tbred B core and will
> be the fastest of the bunch.

Cheers Wes,

kinda had a hunch, but thanks anyway.

It was the cheapest of the bunch as well!!

Wayne ][