adrian

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2001

Hi,

I got a HP Laser printer/photocopier. I was trying to copy 100 pages, but
then I decided to cancel it, coz it took too long. When I hit the cancel
button, it doesn't stop, just keep on printing. Then I tried to turn off the
power and turn it back on, and it starts printing junks for half an hour
then stop.
I just want to know if there's a way to stop it? Just in case in future I
got the same problem.

Regards,
Adrian

Hi,

Start | Printer and Faxes.
Double click your printer, select the Job and delete or cancel.

"Adrian" <a@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I got a HP Laser printer/photocopier. I was trying to copy 100 pages, but
> then I decided to cancel it, coz it took too long. When I hit the cancel
> button, it doesn't stop, just keep on printing. Then I tried to turn off
> the
> power and turn it back on, and it starts printing junks for half an hour
> then stop.
> I just want to know if there's a way to stop it? Just in case in future I
> got the same problem.
>
> Regards,
> Adrian

adrian

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2001

No, I've tried it, but there's no print job, because i was using
photocopying function not the printing function.

"Jonybrv" <Vsuss[at]hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Start | Printer and Faxes.
> Double click your printer, select the Job and delete or cancel.
>

> "Adrian" <a@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I got a HP Laser printer/photocopier. I was trying to copy 100 pages,
but
> > then I decided to cancel it, coz it took too long. When I hit the cancel
> > button, it doesn't stop, just keep on printing. Then I tried to turn off
> > the
> > power and turn it back on, and it starts printing junks for half an hour
> > then stop.
> > I just want to know if there's a way to stop it? Just in case in future
> > got the same problem.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Adrian

Are you using a network printer? If so then you can switch off the
PRINTER (NOT your PC or NOT your server) for about a minute so that the
print job in printer memory is cleared.

Hope this proves useful.

Regards,

Adrian wrote:
> No, I've tried it, but there's no print job, because i was using
> photocopying function not the printing function.

If the pages have already been put into the printer's
cache, then the only way to terminate printing is to
flush the cache. This is usually done by taking the
printer off-line and then doing a re-set. However, it
will not stop printing the pages that have already been
spooled up and in the print queue. Need to be quick.

adrian

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2001

Thanks guys.
I know what to do next time when I encounter the same problem. Hope that
works. Thanks.