Print Heads for Epson C82

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 29, 2004 10:32:55 AM

My C82 went Kaput and the Epson techie said it appears to be a
hardware issue as opposed to software. It goes through the routines of
printing; the carriage swings back and forth and it sounds as if it's
printing. So the Extended Warranty people are sending me the cash for
the amount that I paid for the printer.

I tried a dozen different things...some times when I print text,
everything works fine except the green. Other times, nothing prints.
When I print a photo, it appears that the black is missing as it is
washed out. Again...sometimes, no photo at all!! I know that if I
struggle with it I could eventually get it to work right. But I
wonder; Does the C82 have a separate printhead for each color? I was
wondering if it might pay me to replace the printhead(s) in order to
save the printer from becoming a boat anchor?

Thanks!
Mike

More about : print heads epson c82

Anonymous
July 29, 2004 6:55:57 PM

The print heads will run you between 81 and 103 bucks....

www.compassmicro.com

I would check this site out because they show you some 'tech tips' and
you might have a problem similar to other people who have the 'hose'
disconnected from a nozzle on the printer. Check that out before the
boat anchor bit. I was able to 'sort of' rescue my printer.

Arr

Michael P Gabriel wrote:
> My C82 went Kaput and the Epson techie said it appears to be a
> hardware issue as opposed to software. It goes through the routines of
> printing; the carriage swings back and forth and it sounds as if it's
> printing. So the Extended Warranty people are sending me the cash for
> the amount that I paid for the printer.
>
> I tried a dozen different things...some times when I print text,
> everything works fine except the green. Other times, nothing prints.
> When I print a photo, it appears that the black is missing as it is
> washed out. Again...sometimes, no photo at all!! I know that if I
> struggle with it I could eventually get it to work right. But I
> wonder; Does the C82 have a separate printhead for each color? I was
> wondering if it might pay me to replace the printhead(s) in order to
> save the printer from becoming a boat anchor?
>
> Thanks!
> Mike
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 6:55:58 PM

The Anti-Rock Rakers <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<1e8Oc.1936$cK.187@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> The print heads will run you between 81 and 103 bucks....
>
> www.compassmicro.com
>
> I would check this site out because they show you some 'tech tips' and
> you might have a problem similar to other people who have the 'hose'
> disconnected from a nozzle on the printer. Check that out before the
> boat anchor bit. I was able to 'sort of' rescue my printer.
>

> Arr

using that compass web site!! What's happened is that after a week of
printing with what appeared to be, "INVISIBLE INK". I finally have:
Full, rich dark blacks and blues, but a tad weaker reds and greens.
Of course the faint reds could be from another support color maybe
yellow or green. Either way, it cost me as much in ink as would a new
printer!! But what did I get in return?? KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE and
the thrill of doing it myself. !!! Thanks ARR!!!

> Michael P Gabriel wrote:
> > My C82 went Kaput and the Epson techie said it appears to be a
> > hardware issue as opposed to software. It goes through the routines of
> > printing; the carriage swings back and forth and it sounds as if it's
> > printing. So the Extended Warranty people are sending me the cash for
> > the amount that I paid for the printer.
> >
> > I tried a dozen different things...some times when I print text,
> > everything works fine except the green. Other times, nothing prints.
> > When I print a photo, it appears that the black is missing as it is
> > washed out. Again...sometimes, no photo at all!! I know that if I
> > struggle with it I could eventually get it to work right. But I
> > wonder; Does the C82 have a separate printhead for each color? I was
> > wondering if it might pay me to replace the printhead(s) in order to
> > save the printer from becoming a boat anchor?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Mike
July 30, 2004 2:13:24 AM

Happy to help. Kind of funny actually because I just fixed my printer
last night and saw your post this morning. Make sure you are careful
with the ribbon cable connected to the power buttons on the front and
don't get too much ink all over yourself. A good pair of tweasers will
be good to hook that hose back on the nozzle.

Arr
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 3:37:13 AM

"Michael P Gabriel" <axipolti@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| My C82 went Kaput and the Epson techie said it appears to be a
| hardware issue as opposed to software. It goes through the routines of
| printing; the carriage swings back and forth and it sounds as if it's
| printing. So the Extended Warranty people are sending me the cash for
| the amount that I paid for the printer.
|
| I tried a dozen different things...some times when I print text,
| everything works fine except the green. Other times, nothing prints.
| When I print a photo, it appears that the black is missing as it is
| washed out. Again...sometimes, no photo at all!! I know that if I
| struggle with it I could eventually get it to work right. But I
| wonder; Does the C82 have a separate printhead for each color? I was
| wondering if it might pay me to replace the printhead(s) in order to
| save the printer from becoming a boat anchor?

I had a 'similar' set of results. Turned out to be a bad set of ink
cartarges. May or may not be what's happeing to your printer.
Anonymous
July 31, 2004 1:17:19 AM

On 29 Jul 2004 06:32:55 -0700, axipolti@yahoo.com (Michael P Gabriel) wrote:

>My C82 went Kaput and the Epson techie said it appears to be a
>hardware issue as opposed to software. It goes through the routines of
>printing; the carriage swings back and forth and it sounds as if it's
>printing. So the Extended Warranty people are sending me the cash for
>the amount that I paid for the printer.
>
>I tried a dozen different things...some times when I print text,
>everything works fine except the green. Other times, nothing prints.
>When I print a photo, it appears that the black is missing as it is
>washed out. Again...sometimes, no photo at all!! I know that if I
>struggle with it I could eventually get it to work right. But I
>wonder; Does the C82 have a separate printhead for each color? I was
>wondering if it might pay me to replace the printhead(s) in order to
>save the printer from becoming a boat anchor?
>
>Thanks!
>Mike

No get the print head cleaned..

you have to know how to use a Epson..