What to do? h6315 or hx4700

July 27, 2004 10:00:51 PM

Well I had made up my mind to go with the h6300 just so I can get rid of
carrying a second device (Nokia 3650/Tmo gprs) but after reading all the
stats now I don't know if Im taking to much of a step back 64mb/168MHz even
from my current h5550 let alone from a hx4700 and it's sweet vga 4" screen.
Why couldnt HP just give us gsm/gprs in the hx4700 and we could all be happy
(I know, power/batt). Its compromise after compromise generation after
generation, when will we reach PDA nirvana

Mitch

More about : h6315 hx4700

Anonymous
July 27, 2004 10:00:52 PM

HP seems to have lost touch with reality on their new line of
iPAQ's and decided on lower end processors and more ROM vs. RAM
along with the decision to brick the previous lines in favor
of the new line to be equipped with WM2003SE.
HP seems to also think that multimedia on an underpowered battery
reliant machine is the future.
You're right that the h6300 is underpowered, and you will
notice it too when using it like you have been using your h5550.
it will not do the same tasks. I think the nirvana will come
when devices can run longer than a few hours on one charge
and have better mobile processors and memory instead of slower.

$0.02

~S.

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

If I where in your position and you really needed the WM2003SE, I would
consider either going with the new HP iPAQ hx4705 or the Dell Axim x30.
(Reasons: Power, memory, WiFi, most importantly for this implementation
Bluetooth) I would then focus on getting the best Bluetooth enabled cell
phone you want to carry with you. In some cases having dedicated devices
that do their jobs well just might be the better solution.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Rick

"Mitch_A" <naman-nospam@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Well I had made up my mind to go with the h6300 just so I can get rid of
> carrying a second device (Nokia 3650/Tmo gprs) but after reading all the
> stats now I don't know if Im taking to much of a step back 64mb/168MHz
even
> from my current h5550 let alone from a hx4700 and it's sweet vga 4"
screen.
> Why couldnt HP just give us gsm/gprs in the hx4700 and we could all be
happy
> (I know, power/batt). Its compromise after compromise generation after
> generation, when will we reach PDA nirvana
>
> Mitch

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 1:18:41 PM

"Richard Wessels" <rorw@msn.com> wrote in message news:<Oer$KHJdEHA.996@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...

> In some cases having dedicated devices
> that do their jobs well just might be the better solution.

Totally Agree.
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 12:47:47 AM

In case you missed it I already carry two devices. A H5550 and a Nokia
3650. I dont like it much for a couple different reasons. First off their
isnt a way to use the iPAQ as a phone. Running voice does little. Secondly
and most important carrying both of these devices and all the related acc.
is a PITA I'd prefer to do without.

Mitch

"Mike Henley" <mnhenley@msn.com> wrote in message > > In some cases having
dedicated devices
> > that do their jobs well just might be the better solution.
> >

> Totally Agree.
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 10:33:24 AM

"Mitch_A" <naman-nospam@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<ThUNc.1705$sq4.299@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com>...
> In case you missed it I already carry two devices. A H5550 and a Nokia
> 3650. I dont like it much for a couple different reasons. First off their
> isnt a way to use the iPAQ as a phone. Running voice does little. Secondly
> and most important carrying both of these devices and all the related acc.
> is a PITA I'd prefer to do without.

Get a little bag. You can carry all you want in it. Not everything has
to be pocketable. Anyway, I understand this sentiment though becuase
it'd been mine too for quite a while, looking for this convergence
device that'll do it all for me. I gave up on it.

!