A mobile XP worth the upgrade from a 2100+?

Here are my specs:

Shuttle AN35N Ultra Mobo
512mb PC3200 ram
ATI Radeon 9600XT 128mb vid card
2100+ T'Bred (B) oc'd to 2.15g

I'm not ready to jump to an Athlon64 yet. Would going from a 2100+ to say a
mobile 2400+ (oc'd) show any noticable performance increases? I recently
got a DVD burner and am ripping/encoding/writing DVD's now, so would the
extra mhz and L2 cache be worth the upgrade?

Thanks.

Got my mobile 2500 running at 2.5, had it at 2.6, but 2.4 is table :)

Not sure your mobo supports it try a shuttle group.

Also iam not going a64 untill dual core cpus and some OS and or
software become avaible,

"AgentOrangeCleaner" <none@none.none> wrote in

> Here are my specs:
>
> Shuttle AN35N Ultra Mobo
> 512mb PC3200 ram
> ATI Radeon 9600XT 128mb vid card
> 2100+ T'Bred (B) oc'd to 2.15g
>
> I'm not ready to jump to an Athlon64 yet. Would going from a 2100+ to
> say a mobile 2400+ (oc'd) show any noticable performance increases? I
> recently got a DVD burner and am ripping/encoding/writing DVD's now, so
> would the extra mhz and L2 cache be worth the upgrade?
>
> Thanks.

the extra 500mHz will help as everytime i encode vid it pegs my old CPU...and
always will use every mHz availble
but doubleing the L2 and updated instruction set will help more with the
math(encodes) newegg as much as i hate the company and fedex selling the 45w
2400+ mobile for ~77

"AgentOrangeCleaner" <none@none.none> wrote in message
> Here are my specs:
>
> Shuttle AN35N Ultra Mobo
> 512mb PC3200 ram
> ATI Radeon 9600XT 128mb vid card
> 2100+ T'Bred (B) oc'd to 2.15g
>
> I'm not ready to jump to an Athlon64 yet. Would going from a 2100+ to say
> mobile 2400+ (oc'd) show any noticable performance increases? I recently
> got a DVD burner and am ripping/encoding/writing DVD's now, so would the
> extra mhz and L2 cache be worth the upgrade?
>
> Thanks.

I just had the opportunity to thoroughly test several processors
side-by-side in various builds, with various hardware and RAM, and I can say
unequivocally that the Barton core cpu's offer a significant performance
enhancement over similarly-clocked T'breds - at least where pc gaming is
concerned. I did not test specifically with video decoding, but I really
believe you would notice an improvement with something like a mobile 2500,
which I have in 3 computers at my home (not to mention the 15-20 machines
I've built for friends with that processor). Your mobo will support the
200mhz fsb required to get a 2500 up to 3200 speeds via fsb increases. What
I don't know is whether or not your board provides for control over the cpu
multiplier, which is a MUST if you use a mobile cpu.

The big factor here is your expectation level. Video editing/ripping is
insanely demanding on system resources, and I find myself getting frustrated
and impatient with my primary machine - a mobile 2500 on an Abit NF-7 @ 2.32
(stable) with a gig of pc3500 RAM. Perhaps others here can provide some
objective numbers where video editing is concerned.

jakesnake