Hi Freinds: I went into BIOS and I found that my PC hard disk C & E are set
as preimary disk both. Then the DVD-CD rom was set as escondary disk. So I
try to make chenges and when I start PC, Boot failure: System became
Halted.What can I do? As a mtter of facts that why when I try to update WXP
SP1 to SP2, the last one kick out disk E. Thanks Very Much Gabriel

Open the BIOS again and restore to the default if you don't
remember how it was setup before you screwed with it.

some support

"Gabriel" <Gabriel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| Hi Freinds: I went into BIOS and I found that my PC hard
disk C & E are set
| as preimary disk both. Then the DVD-CD rom was set as
escondary disk. So I
| try to make chenges and when I start PC, Boot failure:
System became
| Halted.What can I do? As a mtter of facts that why when I
try to update WXP
| SP1 to SP2, the last one kick out disk E. Thanks Very Much
Gabriel

Are C and E both separate hard drives? If so they should both be connected to
IDE1 via cable. Your C drive (Operating system) should be jumpered to master
and the E drive to cable select. Your DVD drive should be connected to IDE2
on the motherboard and connected to the end connector on the IDE cable. Your
motherboard should then recognise the configuration as C drive primary, E
drive secondary and DVD drive as primary.

"Gabriel" wrote:

> Hi Freinds: I went into BIOS and I found that my PC hard disk C & E are set
> as preimary disk both. Then the DVD-CD rom was set as escondary disk. So I
> try to make chenges and when I start PC, Boot failure: System became C> Halted.What can I do? As a mtter of facts that why when I try to update WXP
> SP1 to SP2, the last one kick out disk E. Thanks Very Much Gabriel

clayton

Or failing that, take out the motherboard battery for a few minutes and put
back in, that should in theory set your BIOS back to default