Which cheap Socket A (about $US50) do you recommend for 16..

Which cheap Socket A (about $US50) do you recommend for 333(166)FSB Motherboard?
Modify the CPU is ok with me.

I have
1 512 Meg, 1 256 Meg PC2700 DDR
March speed V2DP motherboard with VIA KM400 chipset 200/266/333Mhz
Can increase CPU voltage and FSB (1 Mhz increment). No multiplyer change

420 W Thermaltake Power supply
Gobal Win FSP82 CPU heat sink fan (3000 rpm 80mm Fan)
Room Temperature can reach 110F /43C in Summer.

What I think is get some thing with 133 fsb and over clock to 166 fsb.
Do the mod. to mobile software with motherboard. (it has VIA chip set)?
TIA
5 answers Last reply
More about which cheap socket about us50 recommend

    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-157-031&depa=1

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at
    uce@ftc.gov
    Thanks, robots.

    "Ed Light" <nobody@nobody.there> wrote in message
    > http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-157-031&depa=1

    multiplier is by jumpers, so you'd need to order some jumpers or get some
    from a pc store.

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at
    uce@ftc.gov
    Thanks, robots.

    bokoo1hk@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Which cheap Socket A (about $US50) do you recommend for 333(166)FSB Motherboard?
    > Modify the CPU is ok with me.
    >
    > I have
    > 1 512 Meg, 1 256 Meg PC2700 DDR
    > March speed V2DP motherboard with VIA KM400 chipset 200/266/333Mhz
    > Can increase CPU voltage and FSB (1 Mhz increment). No multiplyer change
    >
    > 420 W Thermaltake Power supply
    > Gobal Win FSP82 CPU heat sink fan (3000 rpm 80mm Fan)
    > Room Temperature can reach 110F /43C in Summer.
    >
    > What I think is get some thing with 133 fsb and over clock to 166 fsb.
    > Do the mod. to mobile software with motherboard. (it has VIA chip set)?
    > TIA

    This is a bit over,but worth it.

    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=13-150-045&depa=0

    --
    FRH

    Sorry I mean what socket A cheap AMD CPU do you recomend for 333 fsb.

    Since my cheap motherboard doesn't have asyn.(or locked) AGP and PCI

    so probably won't go much higher than 333 on FSB.

    So better get a 266 FSB CPU and overclock it with 333 FSB.

    Or a CPU without multiper lock or have a mobile modification.

    The motherboard don't have multiplyer setting. Neither bios or jumper
    but do have FSB setting on increment of 1 Mhz

    This Mother what I already have
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-187-006&depa=0

    "Bokoo" <bokoo1hk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    | Sorry I mean what socket A cheap AMD CPU do you recomend for 333 fsb.
    |

    | Since my cheap motherboard doesn't have asyn.(or locked) AGP and PCI
    |
    | so probably won't go much higher than 333 on FSB.
    |
    | So better get a 266 FSB CPU and overclock it with 333 FSB.
    |

    | Or a CPU without multiper lock or have a mobile modification.
    |
    | The motherboard don't have multiplyer setting. Neither bios or jumper
    | but do have FSB setting on increment of 1 Mhz
    |

    | This Mother what I already have

    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-187-006&depa=0

    I have one of these 1.6 duron applebreds running at 2004MHz rock stable @
    48c full load
    on a nvidia board, probably doesn't apply to a via unless you can up the
    vcore and lock the agp.
    I've compared it with a stock Barton 2600 in my system with my own
    benchmark:
    dvdshrink, same movie, 53% compression, NEC2500a burner saved to hd
    applebred @2004 = 35 minutes
    stock Barton 2600+ = 33 minutes

    I didn't oc the Barton cause it was borrowed from a friend who was building
    a new system

    for $46 you can't go wrong:
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-104-159&depa=0

AMD Socket Motherboards Overclocking