Hello all,
My system is crashing sometimes when i try to open programs thats are
video heavy and intensive on the video card (nvidia 6800). This is
what the event viewer claims is the problem
(over and over again):

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 10010
Source: DCOM
Version: 5.0
Component: System Event Log
Symbolic Name: EVENT_RPCSS_SERVER_START_TIMEOUT
Message: The server %1 did not register with DCOM within the required
timeout.

Explanation
The Component Object Model (COM) infrastructure tried to start the
named server; however, the server did not reply within the required
timeout period. There might be a deadlock, or the program might not
have responded to the server initialization code within the timeout
period of two minutes.

User Action
If the problem continues to occur, contact the program vendor.

To determine the program vendor

Using Regedit, navigate to the following registry value
HKCR\Clsid\clsid value\localserver32
The clsid value is the information displayed in the message.
In the right pane, double-click Default. The Edit String dialog box is
displayed. Leave this dialog box open.
Click Start, and then click My Computer.
Using the information displayed in the Value data box of the Edit
String dialog box, navigate to the program.
Right-click the program name, and then click Properties.
The Properties dialog box for the program is displayed.
To determine who the vendor is for this program, refer to the Version
tab.

Version: 5.2
[...]

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!! THANKS!

Hi Rod,

To determine what driver is causing the problem I need you to enable driver
verifier.
Steps:
1) Windows Key + R
2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
5) Reboot

There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this
occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select
the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose
'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any
driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but
will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash
the blue screen will hopefully say something like
"DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". If this occurs please send the
corresponding minidump (by default it is at c:\windows\Minidump ) my way.
If you have any questions or I didn't explain something well enough don't
hesitate to e-mail me (remove "online") back. Good Luck,

Joshua Smith
OpenGL Test Lab
Microsoft
-----