Any need to switch off a laser printer?

Lars

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

Hi group,

I just ditched my bubble jet and bought my first laser printer,
a Brother 5140. A bit bulky but works nice.

Is there any need to switch these things off?

I use it at home only, print a few pages a few times a week but
occasionally several days go without my printing anything at
all.

It sits high up on a shelf and the switch button is on the far
side of things, so I would need to walk around my angular desk
to reach the button.

The bubble jet I always switched off but there was some kind of
heating up the print things or whatever, that you didn´t really
want to happen more than nessecary.

Lars, Stockholm

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 13:43:58 GMT, Lars@fake.com wrote:
> Is there any need to switch these things off?

What's the standby power consumption?

> It sits high up on a shelf and the switch button is on the far
> side of things, so I would need to walk around my angular desk
> to reach the button.

There's many choices for a remote control (external switch, remote plug
control, master-slave, ...)

There's no real need to switch it off - but there are lots of good
reasons to do so:

- power
- noise
- electrical radiation
- temperature
- ...

Regards
Martin

Leo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

"Martin Trautmann" <t-use@gmx.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 13:43:58 GMT, Lars@fake.com wrote:
> > Is there any need to switch these things off?
>
> What's the standby power consumption?
>
> > It sits high up on a shelf and the switch button is on the far
> > side of things, so I would need to walk around my angular desk
> > to reach the button.
>
> There's many choices for a remote control (external switch, remote plug
> control, master-slave, ...)
>
> There's no real need to switch it off - but there are lots of good
> reasons to do so:
>
> - power
> - noise
> - electrical radiation
> - temperature
> - ...
>
> Regards
> Martin

many laser printers go into sleep mode. no need to turn the power off. my
multifunction brother doesn't even have on/off switch.

In message <op0mg0dcmui060d4hj5l50tc6i9leqorgq@4ax.com>, Lars@fake.com
writes

>I often have some 4 computers running simultaneously, plus the
>TV and a dozen lamps. So do many of my neighbors. Most of this
>is hardly essential. We travel for pleasure, have ice cream in
>the fridge, drink cold drinks and hot tea, eat imported bananas
>in the winter and constantly either heat or refrigerate the air
>around us. Could we stop all that? I suppose. Do we want to?
>Not really.

Hope you have some good ideas for when the gas runs out !

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore

TRENDING THREADS