jwgeetar

i recently bought an Emprex 16X DVD burner from Frey's. i can burn CD's
on it but it won't burn DVD's! i have coasters to prove it. I am using
TDK 16x single sided media. i changed the speed to 8x and it still came
up with a "writing error" message. see the link below for more info.....
help? thanks--jw

http://www.emprex.com/02_products_02.php?id=25

--
jwgeetar

jwgeetar wrote:

> i recently bought an Emprex 16X DVD burner from Frey's. i can burn CD's
> on it but it won't burn DVD's! i have coasters to prove it. I am using
> TDK 16x single sided media. i changed the speed to 8x and it still came
> up with a "writing error" message. see the link below for more info.....
> help? thanks--jw

DVD+R mediat 1t 16X is still relatively new. Even though the
specifications state that the Emprex should be able to burn
such media, there have been recommendations by several other
media suppliers, e.g., Memorex, of the need to have the most
current firmware updates for the burner. Also, take note that
even though the media may be even 4X or faster, many movies
are not burned at even that speed, esp. when compression is
involved to fit them into 4.7 GB.

Which third party DVD burning software are you using?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging