Help on hardware needed, please

This may be a little OT, but I've gotten nowhere on the hardware ngs, so I
was hoping to find an answer here:

I am building a computer for a truck driver who has AT&T Edge internet
service - basically a high-speed cellular dial-up plan. The modem card is a
Sony Ericsson GC82 PCMCIA modem card that fits into his laptop. The
computer I'm building him is a micro-ATX desktop unit, and I need to find a
way to make this card work with the new computer. Is there a PCMCIA cardbus
that connects to the pc via USB ports? I know there are PCI to PCMCIA
adapters, but I'd like to give him the ability to reposition the PCMCIA
modem card a bit for better reception inside his truck.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thank you,

jakesnake
1 answer Last reply
More about help hardware needed please

    On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 00:21:47 +0000, jakesnake66 wrote:

    > I am building a computer for a truck driver who has AT&T Edge internet
    > service - basically a high-speed cellular dial-up plan. The modem card is a
    > Sony Ericsson GC82 PCMCIA modem card that fits into his laptop. The
    > computer I'm building him is a micro-ATX desktop unit, and I need to find a
    > way to make this card work with the new computer. Is there a PCMCIA cardbus
    > that connects to the pc via USB ports? I know there are PCI to PCMCIA
    > adapters, but I'd like to give him the ability to reposition the PCMCIA
    > modem card a bit for better reception inside his truck.
    >
    > Any ideas appreciated.

    http://www.sanbor.com/t_pcm.htm

AMD Hardware Computer Overclocking