clayton

Sometimes when I start the system, my cdrw drive makes noises and it doesn't
continue booting, I have already replaced the drive and cable and am still
having this problem, any idea's?

cheers

clayton

And the first boot device is set to hdd in the BIOS

"Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> Sometimes when I start the system, my cdrw drive makes noises and it
> doesn't continue booting, I have already replaced the drive and cable and
> am still having this problem, any idea's?
>
> cheers

dl

you sure its your cd and not your hd?

> And the first boot device is set to hdd in the BIOS
>

> "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> > Sometimes when I start the system, my cdrw drive makes noises and it
> > doesn't continue booting, I have already replaced the drive and cable
and
> > am still having this problem, any idea's?
> >
> > cheers

clayton

yes it is my cd, positive it is.

"DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote in message
> you sure its your cd and not your hd?
>
> "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>> And the first boot device is set to hdd in the BIOS
>>

>> "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>> > Sometimes when I start the system, my cdrw drive makes noises and it
>> > doesn't continue booting, I have already replaced the drive and cable
> and
>> > am still having this problem, any idea's?
>> >
>> > cheers

Malke

Clayton wrote:

> yes it is my cd, positive it is.
>

> "DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote in message
>> you sure its your cd and not your hd?
>>
>> "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>>> And the first boot device is set to hdd in the BIOS
>>>

>>> "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>> and

Try swapping out your power supply for a known-working one.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

clayton

Thanks, I'll try that, it all started last week with a IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
BOSD, I have already replaced the memory which came back as faulty with
memtest86 and now having problems with the booting process which is stopping
before it starts detecting the drives and making noises from the cd, I have
tested the HDD and all is ok there, I'll report back and see if the psu swap
has fixed it

cheers

> Clayton wrote:
>
>> yes it is my cd, positive it is.
>>

>> "DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote in message
>>> you sure its your cd and not your hd?
>>>
>>> "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

>>> and
>
> Try swapping out your power supply for a known-working one.
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com