Suggested settings for m2500 on KD7-E

As a temporary solution, I have a mobile 2500+ on an Abit KD7 mobo. I can
easily hit 2.0ghz using the Abit's bios multiplier settings, but I'm having
no luck increasing the fsb, even when I back the multiplier way down.
Shouldn't it easily run at 166mhz? I've set my fsb/agp/pci ratio to 5:2:1,
which should be correct, but it won't boot.

Advise appreciated.

jakesnake

> As a temporary solution, I have a mobile 2500+ on an Abit KD7 mobo. I can
> easily hit 2.0ghz using the Abit's bios multiplier settings, but I'm
having
> no luck increasing the fsb, even when I back the multiplier way down.
> Shouldn't it easily run at 166mhz? I've set my fsb/agp/pci ratio to
5:2:1,
> which should be correct, but it won't boot.

The chip itself should run with an FSB well in excess of 400 - typically,
it's the motherboard, memory, or other peripherals that start having trouble
first.

If you're not already, give the chip at least 1.6 volts (Mine @2.3 GHz
needs 1.7v). Then, drop the multiplier to something low - 7 should be fine.
: ) Then, start working on your FSB, until you find the stable limit (You
may need to give a bit more voltage to your memory and/or chipset, play with
timings, etc.). *then* start working the multiplier upwards until you find
where your CPU tops out.

steve

"Steve Wolfe" <unt@codon.com> wrote in

>> As a temporary solution, I have a mobile 2500+ on an Abit KD7 mobo. I
>> can easily hit 2.0ghz using the Abit's bios multiplier settings, but
>> I'm
> having
>> no luck increasing the fsb, even when I back the multiplier way down.
>> Shouldn't it easily run at 166mhz? I've set my fsb/agp/pci ratio to
> 5:2:1,
>> which should be correct, but it won't boot.
>
> The chip itself should run with an FSB well in excess of 400 -
> typically,
> it's the motherboard, memory, or other peripherals that start having
> trouble first.
>
> If you're not already, give the chip at least 1.6 volts (Mine @2.3 GHz
> needs 1.7v). Then, drop the multiplier to something low - 7 should be
> fine.
>: ) Then, start working on your FSB, until you find the stable limit
>: (You
> may need to give a bit more voltage to your memory and/or chipset, play
> with timings, etc.). *then* start working the multiplier upwards until
> you find where your CPU tops out.
>
> steve

how you wanna do it
change the bridges to make it a 200(400) cpu now if i could find a nice
epoxy or what not to match the cpu substrate color and seal real
good...damn they are tiny i need a bi-microscope for it

or pin modd will do the same thing but more tempory

x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

TRENDING THREADS