Where to find a socket A pin layout?

KG

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

Where might I find the pin layout of the AMD socket A? I have an old MSI turbo 2 MB and will be
moving an unlocked XP 2500 into it and need to know how to set the 5 th multiplier high, to enable
the multipliers above 12. The pin I was told is pin AJ27. Also I would like to know what pin it
should be connected to make it high, and what pin to make it low? Yes I have looked on the net and
have checked overclockers page etc. but they don't show pin location #. Thank you for looking.
*****************
Thank You kgs@msbx.net

A true believer in compassionate liberal anarchy.
Try it. it's better than what we have now!

To reply to this email please remove the AT
after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 07:15:12 -0500, KG wrote:

> Where might I find the pin layout of the AMD socket A? I have an old
> MSI turbo 2 MB and will be moving an unlocked XP 2500 into it and need
> to know how to set the 5 th multiplier high, to enable the multipliers
> above 12. The pin I was told is pin AJ27. Also I would like to know
> what pin it should be connected to make it high, and what pin to make it
> low? Yes I have looked on the net and have checked overclockers page
> etc. but they don't show pin location #. Thank you for looking.

http://fab51.com/cpu/barton/athlon-e20.html

AJ27 (BP_FID 4) pull high (Vcc_core.).

KG

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

Thank you for your response. Now all I need to know is where exactly on the socket A pin AJ27 and
Vcc_core is located?

Thank You kgsAT@msbx.net

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:28:09 -0500, KG wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:38:01 GMT, Wes Newell
> <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 07:15:12 -0500, KG wrote:
>>
>>> Where might I find the pin layout of the AMD socket A? I have an old
>>> MSI turbo 2 MB and will be moving an unlocked XP 2500 into it and need
>>> to know how to set the 5 th multiplier high, to enable the multipliers
>>> above 12. The pin I was told is pin AJ27. Also I would like to know
>>> what pin it should be connected to make it high, and what pin to make
>>> it low? Yes I have looked on the net and have checked overclockers
>>> page etc. but they don't show pin location #. Thank you for looking.
>>
>>http://fab51.com/cpu/barton/athlon-e20.html
>>
>>AJ27 (BP_FID 4) pull high (Vcc_core.).
>
> Thank you for your response. Now all I need to know is where exactly on
> the socket A pin AJ27 and Vcc_core is located?

And if you look at the picture on the above link you should know. It's
this image, which is displayed in the link above. I don't know how it
could be much clearer.

http://fab51.com/cpu/barton/img/socket462_pin_diagram.gif

Latest posts